Who here has done their Extention Trial and if so how was it? (1 Viewer)

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
Hi everyone! im new to the forum but i have to say this place is so good

anyway getting to the point, who here has done their extention exam?
and if so how has it gone?

ive done mine - it was pretty good i had good notes on the historians
so i think i did pretty well in that part - wrote a 8 page booklet too!

yeah but for JFK i think i did ok i only managed to do 4.5 pages - should have done more!

Jezapbo

HSC
Mines tomorrow, which explains why I'm on here avoiding it. But the exam is worth like, nothing compared to the major, so im not worried. I'll just pick up my act for the HSC

Jezapbo

HSC
Ah, but that aint gonna happen lol. I'll do ok in Historiography. But my case study Jesus well... as it stands there is gonna be no case study reply :)

Mike iE

HSC
We have ours monday, i have no idea how its going to be, our teacher has been away for a month. Il post up the Questions when im done.

Launcher169 - your from Hills Grammar, just up the road from us !!

!!belle!!

hey is anyone doing appeasement for extension... i wish we were doing jfk is that as easy as i think it is cos i am lost with appeasement and my notes on the historians arent that good at alL!!! :(

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i was dreading this exam so much, but it actually turned out to be one of my best ones i think (and thank god too, cos i need 2 pass SOMETHING!). uh, the history and historians bit was ok, had an article by Dirk Moses - which was really unfortunate as you felt completely lame writing 'according to Moses' - and a question on purpose. could have been a lot worse. wrote bout 5 and a bit pages i think (but A4, not proper hsc booklets). i thought the appeasment question was gunna kill me, but it turned out to be fairly easy, managed to write bout 7 1/2 pgs (again not hsc pages). hope i do well! in fact. hope we ALL do well!
stay happy everyone, at least its over!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I suspect that we did the Catholic one as well considering we did the CSSA for modern...i think it went ok...historians contexts stumped me for a few minutes...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
My school did the independent trial and my teacher said it was really, really hard and most people struggled with it. On the first question the focus was Australian so ranting about Windschuttle and so on seemed to have gone down well enough (22/25). Question 2 was a bit worse (21/22) but oh well - the entire trial was worth only 5%... 5%!!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
so the project is worth 95?....unless you have other assessments...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
so the project is worth 95?....unless you have other assessments...
No, we've had other assessments throughout the year. Worth 5% and 10%...

trekkie

HSC
Yeah i had the one with the article by Dirk Moses as well, it felt weird saying "Moses believes...", lol. I did really good in section one actually, 1 8 page booklet and 3 pages out of a 4:), beat everyone else in my class :) (yes , i am a very modest person!), as for question two, hmmmm yes historians ignore peoples yadda yadda yadda, that was alright once i got into it, once ya start talking about the historicity of christ your right, lol, especially when ya have Thiering as one of your historians,lol, shes a whacko! (anyone doing Jesus will understand, anyone that doesnt PM me and ill tell ya, its funny stuff!)

waterfowl

HSC
I also had the Moses question. I will probably make myself sound like an idiot here but I found it quite hard! I don't really try my hardest in Extension so thats most likely why. For the case study we are doing Rome and the Provinces (anyone else?), but I forget what I wrote about. My teacher says I did OK. But hey the worst I can come is 2nd in my class - because there's only two of us!

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
yeah i got my exam back and i was happy with the result
Question 1 22/25 and Question 2 22/25
i thought my q1 was tons good but i need to restructure it a bit more
q 2 i thought i did ok in but i had a structural problem otherwise i did really good

stefche

My extension trial is tomorrow. Our case study is Elizabeth I which is pretty easy, but the historiography bit always confuses me a little. Anyways yeah there was only myself and another chick but she left man I duno she cracked under the pressure of school lol Hrms yeah so now its just lil ol me :(

waterfowl

HSC
I just got my trials back today...didn't do too well, but better than I thought. I got 16/25 for question 1 (Dirk Moses source) and 13/25 for question 2 on Rome and the Provinces.
Hopefully I can imrpove for the HSC exam, just need to use more sources! and apparently I start strong but start to weaken half way through :p

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
i finally did my trial exam on monday!! so relieved, i crammed in everything i could
wen me and the other 3 classmates wen into the auditorium to do our exams they asked us did u bring paper and to our shock we were like the teachers were suppose to supply us with booklets
well i did the 2nd question and it was around 6 normal lined A4 pape which i reckon i did alrite but the first question i totally screwed up, like totally bombed out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)