Who here actually wants to be an engineer? (1 Viewer)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
Musk said:
unsw is just for research and also it has the poorest job rates as shown
i think thats hardly fair seeing as there is such small sample group and 1/3 of the ones without jobs are doing post graduate study.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Yeah it says UNSW is rated 1st in Australia & 16th in the world. Why is it that the uai needed for UNSW is lower than USYD though ? & what about UTS ?

& Im considering doing mechatronics or civil ..

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
Yeah it says UNSW is rated 1st in Australia & 16th in the world. Why is it that the uai needed for UNSW is lower than USYD though ? & what about UTS ?

& Im considering doing mechatronics or civil ..
hey i want to do mechatronics too!!!

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
Musk said:
also i forget one more thing, UTS was ranked first in sydney for being the best engineering faculty for teaching and learning. besides once you start working no one gives a shit where your from but what you do.
u got any proof, if u are true then u have totally influenced me o_0

the12be

HSC
engineering is awesome.
considering doing civil @ wollongong.

thehootman

HSC
For all the people saying that the ranking for UNSW is do do with research, listen to this.
What do you do research in? LABS. What do you do your graduate practical work in? LABS. Who assists you? LAB ASSISTANTS AND THE PEOPLE WHO HELP THE LEADING RESEARCHERS. Therefore, there are better resources available to you.

Also, the job placment depends on YOU. Considering there is a shortage of most engineers in Australia you should have no trouble finding a job.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
except i didnt to engineering at unsw though :)

dim987654321

HSC
i wanna do a combined degree Bachelor of Engineering Civil (Construction)/B of Biz (managment) at UTS. may be start off as an engineer then move into senior management roles eventually for the big bucks, plus its heaps interesting

Scooter89

HSC
well, i thought i did until the HSC engineering course its friggin put me off it ill tell you that much

Bradus

HSC
I do.

Looking along the lines of Mechanics and/or Mechatronics

Brad

acq128

HSC
i disagree, even thought i do civil engineering at the moment at usyd

the Engineering HSC course caters alot to the generic first year and some 2nd year subjects in uni, of all fields

following the syllabus, depends greatly on your teacher, as my teacher was an electronics one, we ended up getting alot more guidance in those subjects compared to say, the biomedical topic.

anyways, about the "where u should study" issue, it indeed does seem like UTS have a good course for engineers in general, with the work placement and all, but from what i've learnt, its not which uni you're from, but more importantly you as a person, because Uni's don't necessarily make good engineers, its the person getting trained. So just be open minded about trying to get into the different uni's, because i woudln't go anywhere else than Sydney uni, not because their facilities are great or u get work placement

but because its so much dam closer, as well as the friends i have there. might not sound like a strong reason to you, but thats how i based my decision, because uni is more than just getting out of there as soon as possible

acq128

HSC
i'm from selective yea

but theres also the fact that i'm doing combined with Japanese and Sydney uni has one of the top Arts faculties...

i thought i would leave that out though

as for making new friends....

why do you assume i haven't made any?

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
im thinking of Aeronatuical or Computer engineering at UNSW

acq128

HSC
Musk said:
bcoz at sydney uni there are two groups in the social spectrium

them & us

ppl from selective school are generally more likely to make friends from other posh school

and rest of the ppl who are normal make their own groups

well that might be the general case, but i don't see that applicable to especially the engineering faculty/courses

might be true for first year, and abit into 2nd year, but after that, it hardly applies

i mean yea you would maintain old friends and stuff, but tends to be less evident in the engineering area

sirfeathers

HSC
Hey guys I'm thinking of doing mechatronics at UNSW but it doesn't look like there's that many jobs around in Australia for mechatronics graduates. Does anyone know what the employment rate is like? Will I have to go overseas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)