• John Howard

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Kevin Rudd

Votes: 27 67.5%

• Total voters

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
How can I judge the credibility of rudd exactly? I think the only way for me to do any sort of a fair comparison would be to compare the Howard government against one led by Rudd, which I can't do. I believe they're both sincere people on the inside, but in the game of politics many sacrafices tend to be made...

So yea, I can't vote.

walrusbear

HSC
even most howard supporters will admit he has no credibility
he's usually applauded in these parts for his 'political canny'.

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
Kevin Rudd's lies and untruthfulness XXXPOSED:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21323420-7583,00.html
Over the weekend I had some personal experience of what Rudd regards as full and frank disclosure. I discovered that, similar to Malcolm Turnbull, Rudd had paid rent out of his taxpayer-funded travel allowance to his wife, who had bought a residence in Canberra for him.

When I raised this with Rudd’s office, I was told he had already put the matter on the public record in an interview with Laurie Oakes on the Nine Network’s Sunday program the week before.

What the transcript revealed was this: “Oakes: Do you do the same thing (as Turnbull)? Rudd: No. I actually rent. I share an apartment with one of the other members of parliament. So it’s rarely tidy by the way, and we’ve been doing that for some years and prior to that, several years ago, we had a house in Canberra for a couple of years, and before that we were renting. So I’ve done all sorts of things in Canberra, as many members of parliament do.”

If Rudd thinks that’s a transparent version of his behaviour, Labor is in for a lot more turbulence.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/natio...beral-attention/2007/03/04/1172943276233.html
OPPOSITION Leader Kevin Rudd has claimed that Queensland surgeons failed to properly look after his dying father, Albert Rudd, 38 years ago when he was fighting a hospital-acquired infection.

Mr Rudd said he never had time to obtain the coroner’s report.

Albert Rudd had been involved in a serious car accident and died from an infection he later contracted through the hospital system.

Mr Rudd said in later years he heard reports that surgeons at the Brisbane Royal Hospital had failed to take proper care of his father. But according to Channel Nine’s Sunday program, which obtained a copy of the coroner’s report, the coroner had cleared doctors of medical malpractice.

The report said Albert Rudd had been drinking before driving, that he kept falling asleep at the wheel, and that when the car hit a power pole, he was not wearing a seatbelt and suffered massive internal injuries.
http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/de...=political&story_id=562737&category=Political

Prime Minister John Howard stepped up pressure on Mr Rudd to "come clean" over attending the dinner with the WA powerbroker and lobbyist who was jailed for fraud in the 1990s.

"The inconvenient truth is that he hasn't told the truth in relation to his meeting with Mr Burke," he said. "Mr Rudd has got to give a proper account of the way in which he appears to have put himself in debt to Mr Burke in relation to favour and influence."

Health Minister Tony Abbott also suggested Mr Rudd was lying. "I think the issue now is his truthfulness and that's why he really does have to come clean about all of these meetings with Brian Burke," he said.

"Kevin can't expect to play politics with the worst of them and then just let it all wash away." Mr Abbott said anyone who might have had dealings with Mr Burke, including Liberal MP Geoff Prosser, was compromised.

It was reported at the weekend that Mr Burke claimed he had been paid for lobbying services for one of Mr Prosser's companies.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21322537-1702,00.html
Rudd ready to tackle PM on honesty

* March 04, 2007

LABOR leader Kevin Rudd today said he was willing to go head to head with Prime Minister John Howard on "character and honesty" in the lead up to this year's general election.

Kevin Rudd today: said:
I can’t recall Mr Howard ever admitting he’s made any mistakes on issues like taking our country to war on a lie.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21322537-1702,00.html

Kevin Rudd on the 24th September said:
There is no debate or dispute as to whether Saddam Hussein possesses weapons of mass destruction. He does.
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/stories/s685074.htm

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I said Rudd but the truth is I don't really think either has much credability.

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just trying to expose the truth. The people of Australia deserve to know these things before they cast their vote. What else might the ALP be covering up?

You show a disturbing contempt for our legal system in approving of unfounded accusations against people already cleared of any wrongdoing. Would you also approve of prime ministerial candidates meeting with ex convicts to gain influence for party leadership?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
It's better than illegal wars, illegal detention, and a host of other shite Howard's done and will continue to do.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Yes, all politicians are corrupt, but Rudd is indeed at this point, the lesser of two evils.

What an awesome cliche.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
It's my favourite cliche of all time, because it's usually (when applied to Politics, ALWAYS) true.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Josie said:
It's better than illegal wars, illegal detention, and a
Who exactly is determining this legality?

If we just did something illegal where are the world police?

The only legitimate law in the world is determined and agreed to by states themselves, you lose, sorry.

host of other shite Howard's done and will continue to do.
Such as?

lil mon

HSC
CREDIBILITY???? there is no such word in the politicans dictionary.
Australia votes, not put the best party in, but to keep the worst party out.

I DESPISE both Howard and Rudd but at least howard has experience. Rudd just seems like he wants to be prime minister because its a good job. Plus he is having dealings with corrupt politicians.

..... I don noe, i just dont trust Rudd. but neither of the politicians have credibility.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Ronald Reagan said:
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
[comment]k[/comment]

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Josie said:
It's better than illegal wars,
Illegal under what? Even the organisation that spends 50% of its floor time passing motions condemning Israel considers the Iraq war to be legal.
illegal detention,
Illegal in what sense? Sure there have been some cases where those in detention have been mistreated, but I'd like to see proof that Howard had specific knowledge of these cases when they occured.

walrusbear

HSC
lil_mon said:
I DESPISE both Howard and Rudd but at least howard has experience. Rudd just seems like he wants to be prime minister because its a good job. Plus he is having dealings with corrupt politicians.
what has rudd actually done to deserve that sort of contempt?

atreus

HSC
why is the gov't hounding on rudd so much about his honesty? its not as though they're clean themselves. what about iraq? children overbaord? david hicks? climate change?

and this whole stunt sacking senator campbell from cabinet is crazy as well. i found wayne swan raised an interesting point when he pointed out how happy campbell was at his public announcement of his sacking. its obvious he's going to be reapppointed after this attack on rudd blows over.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
rudd seems honest at least, whens the last time little johnny would admit to something he shouldnt have done?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Withoutaface said:
Illegal in what sense? Sure there have been some cases where those in detention have been mistreated, but I'd like to see proof that Howard had specific knowledge of these cases when they occured.
I've always thought that holding someone without charge for that long, in conditions that defy the Geneva convention were illegal under international law. Ignorance of the law, is not an excuse for breaking the law, although you seem to believe that it can apply to Howard. Lol, typical of a Howard lover. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)