Who has actually been shortlisted for the showcase? (1 Viewer)

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Just wondering because I got a letter on friday saying I had been shortlisted and alot of the MWs here were pretty spiffy so I figured quite a few other people would have got letters? Sorry if there is already a thread on this but I couldnt find it?

HSC
N/A
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

No, I haven't got one, am not waiting for one, and hopefully will not get one as idea of having my major work (which looks and feels entirely foreign to me now, did I really write it, and what was I thinking?!?!?!?!?) photocopied for thousands of people to read, but am glad for anyone else that gets shortlisted.

:D

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hey congratulations, that's really exciting for you, i hope you get in : )

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Congratulations, Katie on being shortlisted! :)

I haven't received any notice; and I suspect that I won't. I was depressed by this at this. But after some thinking, I realised that the showcase's seem to be geared towards presenting the postmodern works (it even said that in the preface of the 2003 showcase). As I basically attacked postmodernism in my reflection statement, I doubt that they will include my work in the new showcase. My style also isn't particularly 'contemporary'. I would still like to congratulate Katie on doing very well! I wonder how Katie feels about being shortlisted!

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Katie is very excited about being shortlisted and would like to tell Marcus that she has begun reading his MW and thinks its very good! She will PM a longer response when she has finished reading it soon. Katie was very suprised that more people here didnt get shortlisted as she was certain a few of the works posted would be. She understands Marcus' disappointment as she knows she would have been disappointed as well if she were in his shoes. Athough she doesnt think her MW is that postmodern she is aware that selection to the showcase is very political and there are many many factors in the selection process apart from the quality of the work.

pitted

HSC
N/A
well firstly CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

i didnt even know that they did tell you if you were shortlisted - althoghg when you think about it it is hardly surprising that they do. i hope you get in and if you dont well im going to go and find out if u posted your mw up and read it asap!

i dont really mind that i wont get in - totally not going to be shortlisted - just hope that i get a good mark >40/50 is what i am aiming for

and a UAI of >80

thats all i need - which is good when i think about it.

ciao

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
LOL, I already checked Pitted, and it's not in the Showcase Thread :(

Great work Katie, I really hope you get in :)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
well done, i'm sure ur grateful that ur work has paid off.
I;m currently a new student to EE2 and was wondering, could u offer some juicy advice: i.e. how u got such a high mark? what was ur MW called? the theme? and by the way what was the medium?

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Good on you Katie *tear*. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the Showcase, such an interesting read. I'll just get my brother or sister to borrow it from school (the librarian liked me), so I can have a look.

How will I know which one's yours?

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Wow! I told you you rock!

I wish i had gone though browsing the forum sooner....congratulations nonetheless!

I'll definantly buy the Showcase this time haha *kiss Laters Sexy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)