who gets the humour here? (1 Viewer)

IAU001

HSC
i think that the humour in the cartoon is how the guy nonchalantly says "I hope you didn't have too much trouble getting here" which is humorous because of the long trail of footsteps in the snow behind them which lead up to a boat, is quite at odds with the lightweightedness of his comment? Or maybe its supposed to be funny because they're seemingly in the middle of nowhere?

i duno lol im not sure, but thats my best guess.

Freakette

HSC
i think its more to do with the conditions the people are living in (cold, basic) juxtaposed with the couple, who have a personal boat, and clearly dont have to undergo many physical hardships
but thats just my take

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
lol, i even laughed.

Its funny because there obviously in somewhere artic...and they have travelled there by boat.. which is totally unrealistic.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
In the cartoon, the couple travelled by their own personal boat all the way from their home place to antarctica (you could possibly include a 'personal/physical journey' in your answer, but I don't think it's necessary). The individual simply replies in a concerned manner "It's great to see you both. I hope you didn't have too much trouble getting here". It is clearly exaggerated and hyperbolised that they travelled a far distance to arrive to antarctica, and this is unrealistic (look at the clothing their wearing in comparison to the eskimos, and if you look closer, the older man is having a drink casually). You could also imply that the footsteps symbolise this far distance they travelled.

Edit:

kagrawal said:
i think that the humour in the cartoon is how the guy nonchalantly says "I hope you didn't have too much trouble getting here" which is humorous because of the long trail of footsteps in the snow behind them which lead up to a boat, is quite at odds with the lightweightedness of his comment? Or maybe its supposed to be funny because they're seemingly in the middle of nowhere?

i duno lol im not sure, but thats my best guess.
It's not nonchalant as in the picture, the eskimoes do show their concern by stating "I hope you didn't have too much trouble getting here".

Last edited:

giney

HSC
i think the humour is so basic and plain that everyone's thinking '
no... there's bound to be more'
my take is just that the caption is humourous because they obviously went through alot to get there.
although it is english, theres probably some underlying meaning in the size of the boat or the grey tinge in the background...:rolleyes:

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
ITS FUNNI BECOZ ALL 4 OF TH3M COULDNT PoSIBBLY FIT INTO DAT TINY LITLE IGLOO LOLOLOLOLOLoloLOL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)