Who finds out our bands and UAI??? Just us?? (2 Viewers)

Imverybored

HSC
Hey just wondered whether our teachers find out what band we got. I really hope they don't... I know that my teachers have really high expectations of me and I have barely studied. It's meeting their expectations rather than the mark/UAI that I'm actually worried about...
Please tell me that they don't find out what band we got...

HSC
I know for a fact that they won't know your UAI. I don't know about bands.

Last edited:

lizac

HSC
Our school told us to ring them up and tell them what we got after as they dont find out so i am pretty sure they wont know

HSC
Pretty sure the school recieves HSC marks. But definitely not your UAI.

B

bekmay

yeah cos don't you have a pin code to access the uai that only you know...
if your teachers really wanted to know, though, they could just look in the paper the next day.
and also, how do they determine DUX awards without knowing our UAIs? or is this just our bands??

sw8mp

HSC
just tell them you got a hundred uai or something.

Imverybored

HSC
bekmay - what do you mean they're printed in the paper!! Isn't that just the re: acceptance to uni?

dolbinau

HSC
bekmay said:
yeah cos don't you have a pin code to access the uai that only you know...
if your teachers really wanted to know, though, they could just look in the paper the next day.
and also, how do they determine DUX awards without knowing our UAIs? or is this just our bands??
We did these at our school based only off our internal marks

SOPHIE.

HSC
they get your bands, and your mark.

i know, ive actually seen sheets from the BOS for 2007 students, listing their results. teachers just left them out on a table in a classroom once.

i dont want my teachers to know how much ive failed them, either.

Takuto

HSC
each department is given all of the moderated assessment, external and overall marks for the students of their particular subjects

they know what you got in your subject, but not the others

=D

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Yep that's right. The HSC results you get your teachers will see. HSC results go into the paper. Not your UAI, although uni offers also go into the paper.

You are the only one who can see your UAI. Usually schools will have a bbq or ask their students what UAI they got.

Dux is determined differently for ever school, but for my old school I think it was highest UAI which would mean they got high bands anyway.

dolbinau

HSC
The HSC results you get your teachers will see. HSC results go into the paper. Not your UAI, although uni offers also go into the paper.
I don't understand. Everybody's marks and uni offers go in the paper :-/? Or only the high ones? :S

BoyNextDoor

HSC
dolbinau said:
I don't understand. Everybody's marks and uni offers go in the paper :-/? Or only the high ones? :S
What?! No way....
I don't remember them getting printed in the paper......all of our HSC marks and bands....

But I do remember the other year though that they printed only the All Rounders etc.....and the 1st in the course or something.

B

bekmay

WOOPS sorry people freaked you all out. LOL. wasn't intended, i just don't know much =D haha

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The principal can access the results for the school the same day you get the results (or even the day before - I will have to check at school).

These results are your marks and bands.

What he/she then decides to do with those results will be determined at each school - at mine the Head of Department of each faculty is given a copy of the results for their faculty and my HOD then shows each teacher the ones for their courses.

As for the UAI that is up to you to tell the school.

My school has a UAI breakfast where we ask students and any student who doesn't attend we ring. If a student says "No I don't want to tell you that is fine" but over the years since they introduced that idea we have only ever had one student not tell us when asked.

As a teacher I would be really disappointed and hurt that a student didn't want me to know their final result as I have worked with them and as hard as I can to help them so that even if they didn't do as well as I had hoped I would still want to know how each of my students went. Last year I was disappointed in the results on my Ancient History classes and so I then asked them what I could have done differently and they gave me some ideas. Now if I hadn't received their marks I wouldn't have been able to ask those questions and wouldn't have been able to add some different strategies to the next time I teach that course.

In the paper will be printed the Band 6s and the High Achievers. Not since the 70s have the results been printed (back then there was no such thing as being able to stop the results and theywere published with your name and all subjects and results - made it great if you had changed schools and wanted to check up on former classmates but... privacy concerns now means that you have to give your consent).

BoyNextDoor

HSC
bekmay said:
WOOPS sorry people freaked you all out. LOL. wasn't intended, i just don't know much =D haha
lol
That's alright. We all want to know the answer to it anyway! :)

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
*Sigh, so the school does get some info...

I was wondering what my school photo was doing on the office wall when I knew I told noone anything about my mark... Was thinking "Get that face off the wall NAO!", lol >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)