Who else had unsupervised exams during lockdown? (1 Viewer)

Thomidog

HSC
N/A
Mostly ranged from 90-100%, but each mark was around 4-5 in trials which absolutely messed with some kids who definitely belong at the top.
You may find though that everyone was messed up and that the top kids still come in at the top. The schools do look at the rankings to see whether there's a decent distribution across the bands, they know from past results what those distributions should look like. If they're doing their jobs properly, they should downgrade a task to formative only if it gives shonky results, as they have to be able to back up whatever they do.

gamingdaniel123

HSC
I think the administrative entities in these circumstances should be punished. The kids should at least be compensated for the severe stress placed on them due to these poorly planned and immoral practices. I'm guessing that the blame was redirected to students..... as it is in most cases. Hopefully something can be done about it!

Edit: I'm being extremely hopeful in saying "hopefully something can be done about it", justice is rarely achieved in the school system and action is seldom taken to amend the issues they created.

Last edited:

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Speaking of unsupervised exams I remember being the only one doing my HSC IPT exam in the hall and the supervisors left me unattended for about 15mins to have a ciggie break.

mmmm.

HSC
This is actually happening in year 12?? I would have never thought. Are you sure it wasn’t an ‘open book’ exam?

I swear it had to be an open book, there’s no way a school would allow this.
we had our half yearlies for yr12 all online with no supervision, we were given the test and had to upload a word doc with our answers and for some questions send a pic. Also we had around 30 mins-1hr extra in addition to the normal length of the exam

Thomidog

HSC
N/A
we had our half yearlies for yr12 all online with no supervision, we were given the test and had to upload a word doc with our answers and for some questions send a pic. Also we had around 30 mins-1hr extra in addition to the normal length of the exam
Did people cheat? I'm guessing not much or the results would have been out of whack.

mmmm.

HSC
Did people cheat? I'm guessing not much or the results would have been out of whack.
Lol everyone cheated, for subjects needing working out like maths, etc. people would be on a call and work together. The averages were really high, and some of the lowest ranking people managed to get the highest mark in some exams.

Thomidog

HSC
N/A
Lol everyone cheated, for subjects needing working out like maths, etc. people would be on a call and work together. The averages were really high, and some of the lowest ranking people managed to get the highest mark in some exams.
That's appalling. Do you mind if I ask if you're at a Selective?

HannahSM

HSC
you have a feeling that you have passed all the exams again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)