Who doesn't want their results? (1 Viewer)

hannahxxx

HSC
In response to my own thread question, I am *raising my hand*. I know that my UAI will fall short of what I need. I also know that it will be my maths mark that screws me over. I have a habit of slogging my guts out with school work but still not getting what I want. I call it "the Hannah paradox".
Is anyone else in the same boat?

HSC
:wave: hi Hannah!
As the days go by, the more I dread getting my HSC marks and UAI. I stuffed up maths and legal studies terribly. I had dreams of going to USYD [no other uni would have done it for me].*sighs*
What an awful pre-Xmas present to have. :(

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
ME!!! i was right after the HSC but with left than ONE WEEK to go i am starting to get real nervous i think i did alrite but i wont be ok till i actually see my results...unless they are bad then i will be fine without them lol. I cant believe 13 yrs of schooling is coming down to these two days of results next week, but still cant help but be excited that its all over

HSC
Testpilot said:
I only want them if they are good.
Likewise!, but i'd by f**kn stocked if i got over 80 UAI which was my aim, but over 75 i shud be satisfied, but nothing lower than 65!.

natjane88

HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
:wave: hi Hannah!
As the days go by, the more I dread getting my HSC marks and UAI. I stuffed up maths and legal studies terribly. I had dreams of going to USYD [no other uni would have done it for me].*sighs*
What an awful pre-Xmas present to have. :(

yeah- agreed, only is a pre-18th birthday and pre-chrissy present for me!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I want my marks! Seriously i hate waiting and I know I won't be utterly destroyed by what i get...it'll just bring closure and peace of mind.

Eg. No change in hell that I get in to USYD Law...if i get under 96 i get shitty coz i hve to do law at UWS (misses out on MQ cut off)...all i want to know is that i get over 85, and most prefeerably 96 (or 95.55)...once I get them i won't have to think about them ever again coz i'll pretty much know what im doin next yr...

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
ari89 said:
I want my marks! Seriously i hate waiting and I know I won't be utterly destroyed by what i get...it'll just bring closure and peace of mind.

Eg. No change in hell that I get in to USYD Law...if i get under 96 i get shitty coz i hve to do law at UWS (misses out on MQ cut off)...all i want to know is that i get over 85, and most prefeerably 96 (or 95.55)...once I get them i won't have to think about them ever again coz i'll pretty much know what im doin next yr...
:mad1: me too

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
hannahxxx said:
I also know that it will be my maths mark that screws me over.
Same =o=;;
if i get 2 band 6's then i shall be fine. If not, then im screwed.

"Chubby"

HSC
omg i don't want my results...the thought of getting a crappy uai scares the hell out of me. I go to a low scaled school and do low scaling subj. I don't think i wanna wake up that day lol

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I REALLY don't want my results back, I wasn't even going to look at them but I know I'll be tempted anyway. I already know that I failed really badly and wont get anywhere near the UAI I need, but seeing it on paper will just make it real and it'll suck :(

.... I like the idea of getting really drunk that day lol :p

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
mmmm results. If you are that eager and reallllly desperate, set your alarm clocks at 5.55am and by 6, you can get your results. That won't be me. I really like that feeling of suspense.

suzieee

HSC
i'm going to be on holidays :) so i'll prob just leave it and wait till i get the letter in the mail once i get home. i dont really care what i get, cos ive already gotten early entry (im enrolling right now!) but hopefully its over 85 so im eligible for this $30000 scholarship i want to get :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Sparcod said:
mmmm results. If you are that eager and reallllly desperate, set your alarm clocks at 5.55am and by 6, you can get your results. That won't be me. I really like that feeling of suspense.
Meh, just stay awake at night. It's not like i sleep these days anyways lolz.

Dropdeadbored

HSC
Ok I am totally scared of my results. I know they're not going to be too good, because English totally sucks. In the SC I got band 5 in English, but I only got 38% in my Advanced English exam.

I'm going to ask my friends how they did before I check myself- I'm not in a hurry...
Then if they don't do so great, I'm going to hide from the mailman on the 21st.

Do you think it's a good or bad thing to have the results released so close to Christmas? :santa: Because depending on your results, you can either be cheered up really quick by lots of pressies, or you can have the holidays ruined by being depressed.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!
:bomb:I really want to know, but I don't want to know either. I'm going to check my UAI and HSC results at the same time though, to get it over with.

And the results are made even worse by having to wait three whole weeks before knowing if you get a place in university.

I think we should start a relief fund for students devastated by their results. The funds will go to buy chocolate and other comforts. :wave:lol:rofl:

Is anybody else's school having a results breakfast/something? Mine is, but I'm not going after what I've heard. Apart from the teachers all being weirdo freaks, they apparently pay attention only to the people with good marks, and ignore everyone else. I don't want to be either- being totally ignored and in shock, OR relieved but not able to breathe because of all the over-perfumed oldies around me.

:burn:Yes, I am totally nuts. And it's about 20 degrees and cold and raining, but I think I'm going to go swimming. Then get something to drink next week, celebratory or not.

T

Testpilot

Dropdeadbored said:
Is anybody else's school having a results breakfast/something? Mine is, but I'm not going after what I've heard. Apart from the teachers all being weirdo freaks, they apparently pay attention only to the people with good marks, and ignore everyone else. I don't want to be either- being totally ignored and in shock, OR relieved but not able to breathe because of all the over-perfumed oldies around me.
There was this teacher at my school that yelled at me in front of a whole class because she thought that I should be getting 100% in everything (aparently a 95% average is a waste of my time). If a get a good UAI i'm going to go to the school's BBQ and tell her to fuck off for being a stupid bitch in front of all the other teachers. Of course this then depends on the UAI i get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)