• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who Does Wuthering Heights? (1 Viewer)

sychikmoron

Does ANYONE do WUTHERING HEIGHTS or DID wuthering heights last year????????
It seems we're the only class in the WHOLE OF AUSTRALIA doing WUthering HEIGHTS!!!! I NEED SOMEONE TO GIVE ME FEEDBACK!!! PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! This essay was from 2004 HSC Q. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, I need FEEEEEEDBACK. OR ELSE I CAN NEVER IMPROVE. FREAKING OUT HERE. anyways, be nice and give a poor girl some feedback. here's my essay, wrote it in 38 minutes. and give me a mark out of 20, and tell me why too. Thankyou. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE!

switchblade87

HSC
I do Wuthering...

Hey, I am doing Wuthering Heights, but I am hardly a great student so I can't give you an adequate mark or whatever. A few things I noticed:

- You have limited quotes
- Perhaps more relation to the question quote would be beneficial
- To me it seems you are using elements of the "Transformations" module, as you mention context a lot and transforming... Don't confuse the two.

I hope that helps a little, I really dislike WH, and am poo at it.

Liamlives

Hey I do wuthering Heights as well.

I-d give you something like a 15-16.

I thought it was very sophisticated, good command of language. But way too off topic at the start. Sure some context is favourable, but it seems that nearly half of your essay is all on context. Secondly, you have very little evidence, and this is a big feature of the marking guidlines (Markers believe that only 1 text should equal 15+ quotes and 10+ techniques).

Also, I know it sucks to hear it cos i've got the problem as well, but its way too short. People in my class are writing 3 A4 pages exactly the same font and spacing..... No matter how you think about it, even if their work isn't as succinct as yours, theyre still getting out double what you are, and this does not work in your favour.

You writing style is very readable, and if you memorise or are able to recreate that in the HSC, I'm sure you'll kill it. You, switchblade, me and the other 3 people doing wuthering heights in NSW should all go well haha.

know_it_all

Liamlives said:
Hey I do wuthering Heights as well.

I-d give you something like a 15-16.

I thought it was very sophisticated, good command of language. But way too off topic at the start. Sure some context is favourable, but it seems that nearly half of your essay is all on context. Secondly, you have very little evidence, and this is a big feature of the marking guidlines (Markers believe that only 1 text should equal 15+ quotes and 10+ techniques).

Also, I know it sucks to hear it cos i've got the problem as well, but its way too short. People in my class are writing 3 A4 pages exactly the same font and spacing..... No matter how you think about it, even if their work isn't as succinct as yours, theyre still getting out double what you are, and this does not work in your favour.

You writing style is very readable, and if you memorise or are able to recreate that in the HSC, I'm sure you'll kill it. You, switchblade, me and the other 3 people doing wuthering heights in NSW should all go well haha.
hey im doing wh as well :p

Kazness

HSC
I HATE HEATHCLIFF AND THE ENTIRE TEXT WITH A PASSION!

I cant wait for it to end... and get onto study that will actually do me good. ARGH. All the best for the exam... I'm leaving WH to last and focusing on Hamlet and Frontline. So may the creative juices flow for you, as i hope that they will flow for me! =)

niteshade1312

HSC
Kazness said:
I HATE HEATHCLIFF AND THE ENTIRE TEXT WITH A PASSION!

I cant wait for it to end... and get onto study that will actually do me good. ARGH. All the best for the exam... I'm leaving WH to last and focusing on Hamlet and Frontline. So may the creative juices flow for you, as i hope that they will flow for me! =)

I think I might go to your school because im doing wuthering, hamlet and frontline as well :S

HSC
Hey i do wuthering heights, our class is the only class in our school doing it and its shithouse, and our teacher isnt exactly being of much help with anything other than area of study lol. We ask her how to do transformations or wuthering heights or telling the truth and instead she explains how to do area of study. Sorry i didnt read ur essay but im not real good at judging other peoples work, it seems that the ones i think r good get shit marks and the ones i think r shit get good marks alot of the time lol. So where are all you wuthering heights people from?

Nerd Queen

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nut-shell, and co
HSC
I do wuthering heights, hamlet/R&G and Frontline too!

umm ... i agree with whoever sed ur essay mite be too short, and ill also back up that you need a lot more quotes, but it was well written and u really did sound like u know what u are talking about

i have no idea about a mark though (SORRY!)

know_it_all

i do those texts as well :p
but i have no prep'd essay for WH only because the past questions have been quite diverse
so ive jst learnt quotes, theories etc

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
im doing hamlet, wuthering heights and frontline too! wow :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)