Who Didn't Go To Their Formal? (1 Viewer)

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
How about graduation? Being a poor public school, we can raise fund to organise only one event for year 12s; graduation or formal. I guess our graduation is similar to typical formal anyway, but without the expensive clothing (wear school uniform). Of course the school supported us but just not in monetary aspect.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
bobness said:
No just people who don't type in english.

You seem ok though otherwise, fob ;)
haha .. should i be honoured that you're callin me a fob? :p

well, you gotta be thankful for one thing.... and that is that you can actually read my posts :p

uNlyK ThE PpL WhO TlK LyK ThIs AllL ThE TyM !!!
lol.

now i hate ppl that talk like that. ;P

anyywhoo.
i went to both formals .. and enjoyed them both. hellova good time!!
i mean ... it's a once in a life time to see each other dressed up so formally and stuff... and the memories that you get from it are priceless!!!

so yeah.. i dunno. i just like the atmosphere of it;; where everyone is friends with one another and no grudges are held.~~ =]

501n2u

HSC
aaaaw what! how can you not go to your yr12 formal! it's like a once in a lifetime chance since you probably won't be seeing most of your grade ever xD photos, memories, food, music, dancing etc lol. ive been to a few of my friends yr12 formals and they really good, it's so fun dressing up ^^

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
501n2u said:
aaaaw what! how can you not go to your yr12 formal! it's like a once in a lifetime chance since you probably won't be seeing most of your grade ever xD photos, memories, food, music, dancing etc lol. ive been to a few of my friends yr12 formals and they really good, it's so fun dressing up ^^
lol.

i agree with you .. minus the food :p
majority of the time, food is below average =]

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I guess peer pressure has a lot in getting you to go to the formal even if you don't want to, and when you could've bought yourself something that would've been nice. But experiences last a lot longer than material possesions so I've heard.
I didn't go to the Year 10 formal. I'm lame.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Its on wednesday and I'm not going :). Im going to Year 12 though :D

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
I didn't go.. cos I figured:
80 bucks + dressing up > 8 movies OR half an ipod.
80 bucks x 2 people + dressing up = 16 movies or a whole ipod

compared to a night of food and dancing (*shudder)... but then I regretted it cos I figured would've been nice to have gone with someone.. and have the experience... and yeah there is the peer pressure thing...

anyways, people told me the formal wasn't that great and it wasn't worth the money so I guess it's ok... but I'm definitely going to the year 12 formal... especially since it's after the HSC.

lol yeah that's right simon, you're lame =)
gooo in year 12....

HSC
N/A
I can truthfully say that I have your username written on my undies, without sounding dodgy. Take that. :)

On topic, I went to my formal, and it was so worth it... I could understand why people choose not to though.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
I didn't go to my year 10 formal last year, nor the social this year, and as for the year 12 formal next year...Meh, we'll see.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Do go, airie. At least you'll look back seeing yourself going to at least one of them.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
vulgarfraction said:
I can truthfully say that I have your username written on my undies, without sounding dodgy. Take that. :)

On topic, I went to my formal, and it was so worth it... I could understand why people choose not to though.
Indeed it is. Hurikai is probably one of the best known brands of Chinese designed and manufactured underpants. Probably why he chose it for his username.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
But it sounds so Japanese.
Like you?

Why don't you tutor jap, and like replace your english tuition with that then i'd recommend you so hard. Like my penis. If i was a fudgepacker and in a gay bar.

Because that's what people should do if they don't go to their own formal. Yeah seriously unless you're not particularly well-off then there really shouldn't be an excuse for not missing it, EVEN IF you reckon it's overrated. Again rite of passage.

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Nooo... I meant the thread starter girl...

May- you have to go! =)
:confused: you have my username on ur undies? :eek:

Last edited:

James747

HSC
I didn't go, cuz its year 10.... =D
Will go to the year 12 one for sure though

AjMB

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Hmm...yes, whatever this guy says is always wise and clever.
Hmm, idem.

I didn't go to my formal, for a gamut of reasons, but the point is I didn't go, so...mob lynch me?
I hear someone got tipsy (Kiril Mycovs-something-ski) at our formal, and it was fun, despite the fact it was dangerous.
hurikai does sound remotely Japanese, but the guy is Chinese, much like most of his (my :() school.

I stayed at home studying on the night of the formal; also, I was busy...doing nothing but studying.
I have no social life, am a loser, and quite lame, thanks.-.-

Seriously, I was at a lecture at UNSW, and it was about...something like geophysics or something.
I forgot.
That, and I don't currently have a girlfriend and I'm not gay.

I doubt I'll be going to the formal in year 12, because, like, I have to study...lol.
Well, I might, is all I can say; time will tell.
Did you really study or are you being cleverer than everyone using sarcasm?

AjMB

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Ajay, I do find you a cool guy and whatever, but I don't ever intend to piss people off or condescend them like a prat, pretentious snob, or whatever fucking infantile term these people can possibly conjure to inappropriately label me.

I post-SC studied.

NO, I WAS AT A BLOODY LECTURE THAT EVENING.
Yeah, I was at a bloody lecture.
Whoa...

Bad wording on my part- didn't mean to imply you were being pretentious, just checking if you meant it or were being sarcastic (Read it, it sounds sarcastic).

Sorry about that.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
nah, i attended a lecture at unsw addressing environmental issues that evening.
Formals are a part of the high school experience. If you didn't attend the year 10 formal I suggest you attend the year 12. It's the last time you'll see the whole grade in one place.

Don't expect to have the time of your life and don't make a big deal out of it. Just go because you're celebrating the completion of high school with people you've known for six years. I've always thought formals were overrated and it turned out I was right. Nevertheless I know I would have regretted it if I wasn't there.

If you want to study, there's like 3 months worth of holidays after the HSC. Skipping the formal to stay home with textbooks for completely irrational reasons is not smart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)