Who DIDN'T get accepted into any uni? (1 Viewer)

swiftwind

HSC
Who didn't get accepted into ANY of their uni preferences? Unfortunately I didn't get into any of my courses, but it seems like 100% of you here got into whatever you wanted to do. Please give me some hope!

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Im not gonan accept mine cos I also got into college in sydney which means I dotn have to move so Im happy.... Dont be so glum.. seriously I sent a portfolio and a resume and got in..its the only reason I did get in... phew.. so do that

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I received no offers from TISC (WA) or VTAC (Vic), and offers from QTAC (Qld) and UAC that I don't want. I was in the game for only one course and didn't get it, so as far as I'm concerned I received no offers.

swiftwind

HSC
You guys are lucky that you at least got into something at uni. I didn't get accepted into 1 single course, and I think I had about 5 or 6 on my list! :( All my friends got into uni.

swiftwind

HSC
PookieMonster said:
i did suck sjhit i get luxurty stuff and u get shit hahaahahah
virgins
What the hell?
Actually, the course I want to do shares the same fascilities as the uni, because the tafe and uni are right next door to eachother!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
u could have put up to 9 though. whats your UAI and what was the 2004 cut off of your lowest course?

swiftwind

HSC
Sarah168 said:
u could have put up to 9 though. whats your UAI and what was the 2004 cut off of your lowest course?
My uai was 61.40 (I really have no idea why it was so low, seeing as my scores weren't that bad, and I was above average for the state for some). I wanted to do Equine Science at UWS. I think the uai was 60, or there was none at all because it's a new course.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
are there any courses at uni that you might be interested in doing that you can get into with your uai?
Because transferring from a uni course into another is much easier than tafe to uni.

luckyduck

natstar said:
Ur UAI should let you into at least some UWS degree. If you get a better than C average you can internally transfer (gauranteed) into a UWS course of your choice

ooooo reallyy?? gauranteeed aye

what is a c average mean? sorry

if i get c average cani transfer to other unis like( maq, uts or syd)?

evil99

HSC
luckyduck said:
ooooo reallyy?? gauranteeed aye

what is a c average mean? sorry

if i get c average cani transfer to other unis like( maq, uts or syd)?

c average means credit average (GPA of 5.0)

its possible transfer to other unis with c average

so keep going, dont worry about the main Round

luckyduck

woah 5.0 is that alot?

does that mean we have to get credit ( which is 70% is it?) in all assessments and exams with no fails?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
LoneShadow said:
not in my intentions to do so...just wanted to cheer her up. But if my post has had an opposite effect to what it was intended for...I will gladly offer my most sincere apologies.:(
you are a dickhead

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Listen everyone who didnt get in.. DONT stress over it!!!!

Do what I did, I knew I wasnt gonan get an offer because I got bleow the UAI fro all my prefrences. But I handed in portfolios and resumes and arranged for interviews and I got in main round offers because of this... Keep trying and dont give up!

I never thought Id get in but I did

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
luckyduck said:
woah 5.0 is that alot?

does that mean we have to get credit ( which is 70% is it?) in all assessments and exams with no fails?
The highest GPA you can have is 7.0 (High Distinction Average). A Credit is a mark of 65% or greater. You can still fail a subject, as long as your other subject's marks make up for this and you have a GPA of at least 5.0:).

timrie6

HSC
N/A
swiftwind said:
My uai was 61.40 (I really have no idea why it was so low, seeing as my scores weren't that bad, and I was above average for the state for some). I wanted to do Equine Science at UWS. I think the uai was 60, or there was none at all because it's a new course.
i'm pretty sure csu does an equine course
my friend wanted to do it.

From memory I think its available at the orange campus (which is syd uni?) and wagga.

so have a look in ur uac book.

swiftwind

HSC
timrie6 said:
i'm pretty sure csu does an equine course
my friend wanted to do it.

From memory I think its available at the orange campus (which is syd uni?) and wagga.

so have a look in ur uac book.
Thanks for the info, but Orange and Wagga are definately too far away for me. At least the Richmond/Hawskburry campus is only approx 1 1/2 hours away from where I live. I found out that the course I wanted to do at uni isn't even accepting admissions for 2005. How stupid is that? They had the course in the UAC guide! Grr! They got my preferences all wrong too... I was quite annoyed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)