who cares, they are just japanese. (1 Viewer)

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
its soo sad ..... its something the western media hardly touches on because it will give us bad light.... the west sympathies so much on the holocaust as if it was the worst thing to happen in history.... IMO this is equally worse.

just thinking about it disgusts me... I mean to what level do you have to stoop to drop a nuclear warhead on such a populated city. So many innocents losing their lives... it's absolutely mind boggling that they didn't even hesitate before doing it. but thats for another day.

RIP for all those died.

edit: my second paragraph was out of ignorance. lol

Last edited:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
lol, are you serious
just goes to show how stupid you are. yesterday was the 63rd anniversary. hardly any, if anything was mentioned of this terrible act in main stream media.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
More like, fuck the japanese, whose government removes all references to their war crimes from their school history curriculum, who build memorials to their leaders covicted of war crimes, and who generally try cover up their shamefull past.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
bigboyjames said:
its soo sad ..... its something the western media hardly touches on because it will give us bad light.... the west sympathies so much on the holocaust as if it was the worst thing to happen in history.... IMO this is equally worse.

just thinking about it disgusts me... I mean to what level do you have to stoop to drop a nuclear warhead on such a populated city. So many innocents losing their lives... it's absolutely mind boggling that they didn't even hesitate before doing it. but thats for another day.

RIP for all those died.
Didn't hesitate? They warned the Japanese repeatedly. Meanwhile, the Japanese were bombing the north of Australia and preparing to invade.

Comparative to the death toll of WW1 or WW2, or even just the Holocaust, the atomic bombs were a drop in the ocean, and they were at least spared the psychological terror the Jews, eccentrics and disabled were exposed to for more than half a decade. As many people, in fact more, died in things like the siege of Leningrad, the bombings of both Allied and Axis cities, the Armenian Genocide, etc. Is this somehow worse because it happened at once instead of over time?

No loss of life is nice, but it seems wrong to moralise over which one is 'better'. :(

And now, we've got a strange stability about the world, as few are willing to even consider the implications of such an act occurring today, let alone again. I can't really condone it's use, but at least some good has come from their sacrifice.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
go walk the kokoda track now bigboy!

ill be right behind you, showering you with pellets.

p.s. no clean socks

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Using the nuclear bomb on Nagasaki and Hiroshima ended the war much earlier than it would have done in any conventional campaign and saved many lives.

<3 06/08/45

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
I won't argue with anyone that Japanese were the most brutal colonisers of the early part of 20th century, and their treatment of war-prisoners and foreign populations was attrocious; because all of you are absolutely right.

but, no mention of the 150-200K loss of life in the main stream media? c'mon guys.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Graney said:
Using the nuclear bomb on Nagasaki and Hiroshima ended the war much earlier than it would have done in any conventional campaign and saved many lives.

<3 06/08/45
I understand your point but i am sure you will appreciate that NONE of the Japanese civilians deserved this treatment. also, you can probably justify US's decision to bomb Hiroshima but there was no need to bomb Nagasaki because the Soviets would have taken care of the Japanese.

historykidd

HSC
Graney said:
More like, fuck the japanese, whose government removes all references to their war crimes from their school history curriculum, who build memorials to their leaders covicted of war crimes, and who generally try cover up their shamefull past.
+1.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I don't fault Truman for dropping the nuclear bomb. The U.S.—Japanese War was one of the most brutal wars in all of human history. Kamikaze pilots? suicide? unbelievable.

But what was the alternative?
Do you mean to say that instead of burning to death hundreds of thousands of Japanese civilians in that one night, we should have burned to death a lesser number or none? And then had US soldiers cross the beaches in Tokyo and been slaughtered in the tens of thousands? Is that what you're proposing? Is that moral? Is that wise?

Proportionality should be a guideline in war. Killing 50% to 90% of the people of 67 Japanese cities and then bombing them with two nuclear bombs is not proportional, in the minds of some people, to the objectives we were trying to achieve.

LeMay said, "If we'd lost the war, we'd all have been prosecuted as war criminals." And I think he's right. What they were doing would have been thought immoral if they had lost. But what makes it immoral if you lose and not immoral if you win?

spiny norman

HSC
If this thread were "who cares, they are just chinese" about the millions of Chinese civilians who died (eclipsing the Jews in the Holocaust) at the hands of the Japanese I'd agree with you - it isn't mentioned enough. And I fully support the dropping of any further nuclear bombs on Japan until they recognise how fucked up what they did actually was, let alone bombings in 1945.

bigboyjames said:
I understand your point but i am sure you will appreciate that NONE of the Japanese civilians deserved this treatment.
Those same civilians who, in the case of invasion, were ordered to take up weapons and fight to the death?

And no, 140,000 dead people are not as "equally worse" than 6,000,000 dead people. That logic's as fucked up as the syntax.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
im getting pwned. lol

i just think that the no mention of it in main stream media sort of indicates that those innocent lives deserved what they got.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
bigboyjames said:
im getting pwned. lol

i just think that the no mention of it in main stream media sort of indicates that those innocent lives deserved what they got.
In the context of the Olympics...
China's power keg is big enough for the moment. Lets put the war to one side.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Slidey said:
No loss of life is nice, but it seems wrong to moralise over which one is 'better'. :(

And now, we've got a strange stability about the world, as few are willing to even consider the implications of such an act occurring today, let alone again. I can't really condone it's use, but at least some good has come from their sacrifice.
It's much different. Nuclear weapons, can potentially wipe out whole civilisations, and people are still fucking producing them. Bare in mind, the nukes of today are a dozen times more powerful.

This event is not about the loss of lives. But rather the use of the nuclear weapons. Nuclear proliferation is BAD!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
sam04u said:
It's much different. Nuclear weapons, can potentially wipe out whole civilisations, and people are still fucking producing them. Bare in mind, the nukes of today are a dozen times more powerful.

This event is not about the loss of lives. But rather the use of the nuclear weapons. Nuclear proliferation is BAD!
You're missing a key point here: a world without nuclear weapons is worse than a world with nuclear weapons spread between various competing powers.

In the first world, eventually somebody will invent them, and then you've got nukes in the hands of a single power. In the second world, you've got an uneasy truce because of the concept of mutually assured destruction.

Lesser of two evils my friend.

Foxodi

HSC
Slidey said:
You're missing a key point here: a world without nuclear weapons is worse than a world with nuclear weapons spread between various competing powers.

In the first world, eventually somebody will invent them, and then you've got nukes in the hands of a single power. In the second world, you've got an uneasy truce because of the concept of mutually assured destruction.

Lesser of two evils my friend.
He has a point... sorta.... though its inevitable that unsafe people are going to get their hands on a nuke (george w bush, lol. but seriously), then they could set off a misunderstanding etc etc....
On a related topic, anyone seen On the Beach? That movie made me consider the evilness of nukes for the first time.

Also jews = America = everywhere and in your face
Japan = isolation = Olympics takes the spotlight?
And yeah, China suffered many more civilian deaths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)