who Actually likes english? (2 Viewers)

spoonbender

HSC
I hatehatehate english. It is so much work for an airy-fairy subject. There's an illusion of substance but really, it's how well you can bullshit. As long as you sound like you know what you're talking about, you will do well. I suck at it, as you might probably guess. I used to be good at it, but then I realised how stupid it is. Everything is significant - is it not possible that the director of that movie just wanted to make a quick buck? Is it not possible that blue is a cool-looking colour? Of course not! We've always got to make connections and meanings that aren't there!

lychnobity

HSC
I do. All narcissists do.

Heck, you get given awesome marks just for talking about your opinion

HSC
wow people should really stop whinging about english.
there are worse things in the world then having to study a text far out!

spoonbender

HSC
wow people should really stop whinging about english.
there are worse things in the world then having to study a text far out!
People should practice what they preach and stop whinging about others who whinge about english. There are worse things in the world that people whinging about english.

If there's cause for whinging, whinge away I say. For example, this compulsory anchor they call english dragging down my UAI.

Last edited:

studentcheese

HSC
I'm better at Maths than English. I hate English a lot actually. There is no logic in English and it's all about bullshitting. It is also a highly subjective language!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(

English is way harder than Maths Ext 1. English sucks! There is no common sense in English! You make things the way you want it to sound! It just doesn't make sense! I hate writing because it's so boring. I'd rather solve 100 equations than write a 200 words.

ENGLISH IS BORING! IT'S SO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HSC
People should practice what they preach and stop whinging about others who whinge about english. There are worse things in the world that people whinging about english.

If there's cause for whinging, whinge away I say. For example, this compulsory anchor they call english dragging down my UAI.
if its dragging down your UAI then why the hell are you doing extension?

seriously, get over it. you have to do it...tough luck. think of the people in countries less fortunate that would kill just to be able to sit in a classroom.

HSC
I'm better at Maths than English. I hate English a lot actually. There is no logic in English and it's all about bullshitting. It is also a highly subjective language!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(

English is way harder than Maths Ext 1. English sucks! There is no common sense in English! You make things the way you want it to sound! It just doesn't make sense! I hate writing because it's so boring. I'd rather solve 100 equations than write a 200 words.

ENGLISH IS BORING! IT'S SO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
serious? english is harder than maths ext 1? not imo lol.

Moenique

HSC
It's not for everyone, but I wouldn't be doing 4 unit English if I didn't love it :uhhuh:
I can't stand critical study!

Aaron_Atkins91

HSC
Lol, its funny how many people who apparently HATE English are taking advanced and extended, lmao.

I love English and wouldnt drop it for the world, if I could break it down into specifics and get my HSC just on English related courses I would.

Anyway im gonna run from the lynch mob like a bat out of hell, chao :bat:

monesh

HSC
it depends what your reading. If your reading some piece of shit book then obviously you will hate the subject.

Bainesy

HSC
a great and very wise man once said that studying english is akin to a slow death by cancer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)