'White powder' in Indonesian embassy... (1 Viewer)

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
Can you imagine the logic running through the head of the guy who sent in a envelope of white powder to create a biological scare? I would imagine it went something like this:

1) I don't like Indonesian people, they're a bunch of monkeys who just came out of the trees.

2) What's this? Those litle yellow monkeys have just gone and arrested a nice girl from Australia, on some spurious charge of drug smuggling! I hate them even more! Boycott Bali! Invade Indonesia!

3) Oh no! They've found her guilty, despite all the evidence on her side, like hearsay evidence from a Victorian prisoner)

4) That's it. They're going down. In fact, I'm going to send this packet of white powder to the Indonesian embassy. Screw the fact that it'll make her case less popular, and no one with any degree of political power will support me, those Indonesian monkeys are going DOWN!!!

Sorry about the sarcasm. I'm tired, had an important English exam, and pissed that someone could possibly create the neural pathways for such stupidity.

Adieu, BoS

Generator

HSC
N/A
The note made no mention of Corby, however it was abusive (and written in Indonesian).

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Is it possible that this was done by some group that wants Corby to die & sent a non-dangerous but suspect white powder to increase apathy among the indonesians against Australians and in turn increase the penalty for Corby.

Its far-fetched, but not impossible, what is the opinion of others on this?

tattoodguy

i dont even seee what the big deal is about.

it was harmlesss.

Its just a practical joke big fucking shit.

i hope the perpetrators get away with it.

the government is over exagerating it for political purposes.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
tattoodguy said:
i dont even seee what the big deal is about.

it was harmlesss.

Its just a practical joke big fucking shit.

i hope the perpetrators get away with it.

the government is over exagerating it for political purposes.
It's just like all those bin ladin threats!!!
Terrorism? ROFL!!!

JoeysBoy

HSC
Lexicographer said:
Ever the simple-minded one, tattoodguy.
I think he has a point except it's the media thats exagurating it. And the government has no control over the mental media. Media = retarded.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
good idea, of course it is possible, there are many different people out there

spell check

HSC
you have to admit he has a point

sending a harmless white substance doesn't in any way compare with sending a toxic substance with the intent of harming people

mahuligan

HSC
spell check said:

sending a harmless white substance doesn't in any way compare with sending a toxic substance with the intent of harming people
its still pretty malicious though, even thought it isnt actually harmful. I think its what it symbolises and the fear that it incites that makes it so disgusting.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
spell check said:

yeah I agree

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
The problem with doing things like that is basically the good ol' proverb: Don't cry wolf.

The more we do crap like this, the less we're going to take real problems seriously. I point to UFO sitings in America.

Plus, it is seriously disruptive. The entire Indonesian embassy was closed, and so was parliament for a while. That's alot of work not being done. And Korn's idea was actually logical, that could be the case. Thankfully, the Indonesians accepted the Australian apology, and the fact parliament got hit too would improve their relations.

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
Korn said:
Is it possible that this was done by some group that wants Corby to die & sent a non-dangerous but suspect white powder to increase apathy among the indonesians against Australians and in turn increase the penalty for Corby.

Its far-fetched, but not impossible, what is the opinion of others on this?
i think this may be the case. Or its just people that have nothing to do with Schapelle, and they just want to cause trouble.

K

katie_tully

oh noes, it is teh talcum powder spores! :(

it was somewhat idiotic...i mean, your thought processes would probably look something like this if you were the brains behind it

dhweuogh9wer8yh304gu34hy0 i am a moron fwuiogh934hnoh

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm fairly sure it was probably a corby supporter, just judging by the stupid reactions of some of them i've seen on the net. Tho the other possibilities are fairly justified, given that I haven't seen anything as radical from people that don't support corby i'd say it's probably the people that do support her that are involved.

!!!!!!ROFL!!!!!!

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Bleh. Now that I think about it, it's still unwise to jump to conclusions at this stage.

The fact that the letter has no mention of Corby suggests so.

It's strange though. If it's related to Corby, why would ANYONE write it in Indonesian?

1. the writer knows well enough that the Indonesian ambassador speaks English

2. if it's an Indonesian who wrote it, and tried to add fuel to the fire and increased hatred to the Corby Crusaders, it doesn't make sense. Why would he/she write in Indo? It just leaves open some suspicions that it may not be an Australian who wrote it.

Maybe the incident itself was not triggered by the Corby verdict...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)