• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

which university should i choose? (1 Viewer)

zj00743

HSC
i want to get a maters degree in IT or computing science/engieering in australia.

and i'm interested in moble phone systems and applications, user interface design, web applications and even game programming.

so which university should i choose?

unsw? uts? anu?

and can i find a decent job in australia after graduation?

many people say australian IT market is saturated and many graduates

( especially international students) fail to find a job. is that true?

thanks in advance

nutting

HSC
i want to get a maters degree in IT or computing science/engieering in australia.

and i'm interested in moble phone systems and applications, user interface design, web applications and even game programming.

so which university should i choose?

unsw? uts? anu?

and can i find a decent job in australia after graduation?

many people say australian IT market is saturated and many graduates

( especially international students) fail to find a job. is that true?

thanks in advance

Many unis offer Games Development programming . But that's very very specific and narrow, and means you wont be able to work in non games industry within the IT field. For more info on which Uni offers that, have a look at the link in my signature

IT job market is very hot right now...programmers with 3 years C#.Net are making $60,000 per annum easily.

Many of the thing you speak of ( Mobile programming) are not offered at Uni. Uni teaches the Basics...the cutting edge stuff , you have to learn on the job , provided you get into a company of THAT technology

UI design is more Web designers course and less programming focussed compared to Web programming ( Java, C#.net, the2 dominant languages )

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)