which university in Sydney is the best for primary teaching???? (1 Viewer)

moniyoo

HSC
Hey Everyone

Can someone tell me which university in Sydney is the best for primary teaching?? also the Atar that they are looking for

Thank you :smile:

trungduong12

HSC
Hey Everyone

Can someone tell me which university in Sydney is the best for primary teaching?? also the Atar that they are looking for

Thank you :smile:
do u have the UAC book? with all the uni and atar info
easier to compare ;)

anyway, IMO, i prefer UNSW :D
:hammer:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
USYD has a well regarded teaching course, many would argue its the best place to do teaching in the country. I have many friends who have done the Bachelors/Masters in differing aspects of teaching at USYD and all loved it!

Bachelor of Primary teaching has a cut off of 88.05, but remember it has flexible entry with a "Band 4 or above in English and Mathematics (not General) and at least one of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth and Environmental Science, Senior Science, History and Geography" which can lower cut off to as low as 83.05.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
I also have a few friends who are studying primary or secondary education; they're all at Macquarie, and they really love it there. At Macquarie though to do primary education you either have to already hold a bachelor degree, or do it combined with Arts (ATAR cut-off 75.20) or Arts - Psychology (ATAR cut-off 83.00). Still, it's worth having a look at. And yeah, as has been said, USYD is great for education as well.

In terms of what is the "best", I think you really need to go to Open Days and make that decision for yourself. For a profession like teaching I don't think prestige would matter too much (not that it should in the first place), so just look into what the course structures are and what the faculties as a whole are like, and pick the university that you think suits you better.

madharris

HSC
N/A
^^^ I know people who go to Macquarie/have gone there and almost all of them say it's really unorganised

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Really? That's interesting. Looks like it really comes down to personal opinion, all the more reason for OP to go find out for herself.

Wouldn't surprise me though, I had similar problems with their Mathematics and Physics departments when I was there. But then on the other hand, their departments for Chemistry, Ancient History, Earth Sciences and Law for example are really top notch. Guess it really depends on where you go, Macquarie appears to be a land of polar opposites haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)