Which Uni's in sydney would you consider part of the elite? (1 Viewer)

Kittycat

HSC
1. Uni of NSW
2. Uni of Sydney
3. Uni of Technology Sydney
4. Macquarie Uni
5. Uni of Western Sydney
6. Australian Catholic Uni

hmmm...what r u going to do Dingo?

Dingo

Banned
kittycat meow meow meow kitty kitty cat cat meow

statistics show it that more students put down UWS in their preferences than macquarie.

peace^^

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Dingo
kittycat meow meow meow kitty kitty cat cat meow

statistics show it that more students put down UWS in their preferences than macquarie.

peace^^
more students put newcastle as their #1 pref. than any other uni, that doesnt make it the most 'elite' in the state

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Wollongong isn't in Sydney, last time I checked... *looks out window* nope, still seperated by a national park at least.....
Wollongong Uni is a regional uni.

Chris462

no offense, but you all sound like a bunch of pretentious snobs (except for bex)

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Honestly, who gives a root.
Get your degree, it's just a piece of paper, nobody really cares who's is more elite or whatever. Employers care less and less about where you got your degree, and are more concerned about what sort of experience/grades/skills you learnt during your degree.

Personally though if UOW was close to where i'd live i would consider that as my university of choice.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Actually to all these people who are saying Sydney is the only uni recognised overseas, you are quite wrong. It is actually ANU that is recognised worldwide, if you mentioned Usyd to an academic overseas, they'd have no idea about it.
But having said that, its time to get over it. You're there to qualify yourself for your chosen career and meet a few friends along the way. And you can do that the same at every university. Everyone is biased, so the debate is absolutely redundant....

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Honestly, who gives a root.
Get your degree, it's just a piece of paper, nobody really cares who's is more elite or whatever. Employers care less and less about where you got your degree, and are more concerned about what sort of experience/grades/skills you learnt during your degree.

Personally though if UOW was close to where i'd live i would consider that as my university of choice.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I like it how old threads are always revived for next to no reason...

If you are an undergraduate, then there is little difference between each uni bar the subjects offered and the lecturers presenting each unit. Research has little value when you are only after a vocationalised degree (which is how most people view their tertiary education).

HSC
UTS is the tallest of all unis, does that make it the most elite? I think tall unis need more recognition... for being tall.

also, this thread is a breeding ground for bigots. i hate it.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
uws has a campus in singapore, hongkong, and shanghai china.
that is in another country other than australia, so uws must be internationally recognised too.

hahhaha peace^^

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
They don't have campuses in other countries dingo, they have sister unis, just like every university.

James Dean

The oldest join date here
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Majesty

Agree totally. i reckon grades matter far more than the uni you went to.

for example, i reckon getting credits and distinctions at mq or uts sounds far better than getting just passes at say usyd or unsw.

like many people have said already, when you think about it does prestige even matter?
most people say they want to go to usyd or unsw because when they tell people it sounds better and more prestigious. but when you meet someone and they tell you they go to usyd or unsw do you even care? or even think they are somehow better or smarter than you?
they probably think you do, but i couldnt care less.

Last edited:

Majesty

HSC
N/A
All i can say is, i'm happy that im learning what im learning at Macquarie, the people there are great (as in no snobby people). I mean gawd dammit even the Acturials are friendly! (most of them :D )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)