Which Uni's have Wireless access for laptops?? (1 Viewer)

barnsey88

HSC
Just wandering which Uni's allow you to wirelessly surf the web on your own laptop. (i.e hotspots) If so, do you have to pay?

Thanks for you help.

tempco

HSC
unsw does. it's called uniwide, and you have to pay for data from outside the uni (i.e. webct, unsw library, myunsw are all not counted). it's $1 per day (if you connect at all) plus the costs of visiting non-unsw websites.

^___^
HSC
part of MQ uni has

ie the comp labs, parts of library and some lecture halls

and you don't have to pay to log in and stuff

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
ANU does and it's free, but it's governed by your standard ANU quota on campus (80 mg cap to non-ANU sites with 10 mg replenishing each day) or at least that's the quota I remember :p. Some people have said though that in some places on campus, there is no quota.

X

xeuyrawp

neo_o said:
ANU does and it's free, but it's governed by your standard ANU quota on campus (80 mg cap to non-ANU sites with 10 mg replenishing each day) or at least that's the quota I remember :p. Some people have said though that in some places on campus, there is no quota.
So 10 MB a day? Or does it refresh with 80 MB each month or something?

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
newcastle does as well..only in some buildings though..not sure if it costs anything cos i havent used it

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
UTS does.... and it is free... except you can't connect if you have Windows XP home on your computer, you need professional grrr

kenny75

HSC
neo_o said:
the wireless net access will not affect your net quota, its totally free as long as u're a student, but speed is capped at 30kb/s for off campus traffic

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Some maccas do. Just go to maccas instead of going to class, like everyone else.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
PwarYuex said:
So 10 MB a day? Or does it refresh with 80 MB each month or something?
Well apparently I'm wrong, free without a quota! hot hot hot. Add that to your 400 free print outs a semester, and ANU loves you :p

jokay22

HSC
N/A
Super Pig said:
USYD does as well.
What's the cost?
SUV has a $170/year fee for data & phone line.
Does it include non-USYD website surfing too?

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
une doesn't have wireless (as far as i know anyway) but considering most ppl live at college (about 15mins walk from uni) having internet in your room is enough
most people don't even stay at uni if they have a break - just go back to college for the hour

Skeeta

HSC
usyd cumberland i know has got it. its free for usyd websites, but you have to pay a certain amount for non usyd websites (ive got no idea what the rate is)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)