which uni has the largest and smallest campus? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What about all those stupid little campuses in the city that are basically just an office floor e.g. University of Wollongong Sydney campus, University of New England city campus etc... there are heaps of them and they are tiny.

Also Notre Dame Sydney is going to be quite small.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
From wikipedia :

ANU - 350 acres

I was going to look up some more, but I can't be buggered :p

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
um SCU has lots of trees!
so obviously it's the coolest :p
no seriously it's pretty spread out no idea how big it is in ha though

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
UQ: 1940 hectares.

Main St. Lucia Campus: 112 hectares

St. Lucia is much prettier and bigger than both UNSW and USyd's main campuses :p

radhika87

Pro
HSC
what difernce does it make how big a friffn uni is?
it's the info and the quality of the lecturers that matters

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
csu 32000 students, 8 campuses in australia 10 overseas, wagga wagga is 640 ha

Demandred

HSC
What about in terms of density? I can say that Campbelltown campus is huge but its basically a bunch of buildings clustered together in the centre, rest is all grass.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
codereder said:
so unsw is very small? half the size of usyd. and someone said usyd is small? so unsw is tiny
Believe it or not, I love the UNSW campus. It's like a mini city, since all the buildings are clustered together and are so huge. It doesn't have much grass, but it's got enough to sit around on. I love studying there when I'm in Sydney. The ANU campus can be a pain in the arse, it's so big that I usually have to cycle to get to class (and I live on campus).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Macquarie Uni + Macquarie Centre is quite a decent sized campus :p

omg_a

HSC
i like anu's big campus. it means i get exercise just trying to get to class, there's heaps of tress and space so you don't feel like you are in a city at all and while it's big, it's mainly flat, unlike unsw and their millions of stairs. it never takes more than 10 minute to walk to class in the undergraduate section anyway.

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
radhika87 said:
what difernce does it make how big a friffn uni is?
it's the info and the quality of the lecturers that matters
Agreed ...

If you are looking at size surely the acerage of the classrooms, libraries etc are more important ... I mean, really, paddocks are great but you can't really conduct lectures on regular basis out there ... :)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
ManlyChief said:
Agreed ...

If you are looking at size surely the acerage of the classrooms, libraries etc are more important ... I mean, really, paddocks are great but you can't really conduct lectures on regular basis out there ... :)
yeah but considering une has a large proportion of ag/rural science/ag bus/ag eco's and other ag related degrees it's pretty important, prob why une has such good ag degrees - cos of the facilities and the close proximity to many different ag enterprises
and i wouldn't choose a uni just on what it looked like - but it sure is nice to walk outside and see open spaces rather than a whole heap of buildings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)