Which topics require a good understanding of 3unit trigonometry? (1 Viewer)

Neurox

HSC
hey guyz. i wanna do ext2 maths but i wanna know how much trig is in it. trig is usually 1 of my hated subjects in 3unit because the topic is intensive.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Complex Numbers...

Harder 3unit...

Trig is easy. What part of it is your weakness?

Neurox

HSC
is there trig in mechanics, conics, volumes, polynomials, graphs and complex numbers? errrrrrrr i guess i was wrong just read the document that all topics require trig meh... guess ill have to study it anyway.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Further Integration and Harder 3U

beentherdunthat

HSC
Neurox said:
is there trig in mechanics, conics, volumes, polynomials, graphs and complex numbers?
:uhhuh: You get polar equations in general in most topics.

Trig comes up here and there. :) I think you just gotta get used to the questions. Just work on it for a bit.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Uh... I think trig is sprinkled here and there in the 4U course.

- Graphs tend to have trig identities in the f(x) form and ask you to manipulate f(x) from there
- Complex uses trig to use mod/arg forms when representing complex numbers
- Conics use trig indentities to form the parametric equations of ellipses and hyperbolas
- Polynomials... Don't use trig, I think o_O Anyone wanna confirm this?
- Integration features harder trig integration questions and using trig to integrate probs
- Volumes use integration... Which uses trig
- Mechanics use application of trig to the real world. I guess that's a way of putting it >.>;
- Haven't done harder 3U yet, but I'm guessing there's more trig stuff there

Seriously tho, IMO no topic is solely devoted to trig, so you should be fine. I find that most of the time, I'm just changing one trig identity to another format or another identity, or just using the integrating/differentiating trig identities.

vafa

HSC
N/A
Mathematics is not a hard subject at all, in fact it is the easiest. But it is also a logical science which is based on the prevous knowledge, so trigonometry and algebra for example are the basics, if you do not master them well, you will have problems studying some other concepts in Mathematics, so Mathematics is a continuous function and that is why it is lovely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)