which topic is hard? (1 Viewer)

i4ct

HSC
hey all, nah...just wondering wat topic in 4u maths is the hardest? as i think personally, conic is really hard.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Harder 3U and some of those yucky conics ones *shudders*

Riviet

HSC
N/A
More people say it's harder 3u, and I've heard mechanics can get quite difficult as well.

richz

harder complex no qs and harder conics. But trust me mechanics isnt too hard. PS it is not like physics

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
All I know is
Some of these messed up Conics Locus Q's I doing right now, with parametric form and just regular Cartesian, Are reeall Brain Messers
GO GO GO New Senior Mathematics Published in 1991 -Fitzpatrick
DAMN YOU CONICS

Raginsheep

HSC
All of them are easy and hard. You could get an easy harder 3u question and some really impossible integration.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
basicly, the difference between first in the state and liek someone who gets low 90's is

harder compex numbers and vectors.
harder 3unit (the number theory)

mechanics is ALL repeats, there is only like 5 questions ever for each chapter.
Once u do some mechanics, u will fall asleep repeating the same thing over and over again.

the hardest part i found in mechanics was circular motion. (conical pendulum is SO easy, along with resistive motion)
i actually had trouble understanding it, but once i did, fell asleep doing them..(not boring, just ALL THE SAME)

Raginsheep

HSC
True, mechanics mainly boils down to memorising a number of formulas and doing the same thing again and again. Conics is pretty much the same especially when you have to differentiate the same thing again and again. What can make it hard is messy algebra.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
i4ct said:
hey all, nah...just wondering wat topic in 4u maths is the hardest? as i think personally, conic is really hard.
It depends on the person, but for most people it's not going to be curve sketching or integration.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
_dhj_ said:
It depends on the person, but for most people it's not going to be curve sketching or integration.
Ironically, more students find curve sketching and integration to be the easier of the topics.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Riviet said:
Ironically, more students find curve sketching and integration to be the easier of the topics.
Exactly. They're most likely not going to be the "hardest" topics. ;)

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
It differs from year to year in terms of questions but in terms of theory there isn't one which is very difficult. In last years exam I found the conics parts to be the hardest by far.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
all of em can be easy, all of em can be hard. depends upon the complexity of the question.

GENERALLY SPEAKING, conics, harder 3U and complex numbers.

however, for all topics, it gets hard when you combine various topics TOGETHER, e.g. an induction question that involves integration, or a polynomial question that involves complex numbers, or a conics question that involves circular geometry...the possibilities of COMBINATIONS (no pun intended :p) of topics are numerous.

now THAT'S hard.

P

pLuvia

It suppose to be generally easy, it's not so hard right now.

Integration is usually Q1 in the MX2 HSC test, usually the easiest in that case, complex is alright, some parts are hard though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)