Which textbook and study method(s)? (1 Viewer)

FD3S-R

starting yr 12, my teacher emphasises textbook only provides the basic theory and yr 12 is more about using current economic data, and how we are meant to collect articles every month

is this true??? also imo with prelim leading edge book is so much better than tim riley , tim riley sometimes really hard to comprehend.

Nissanist

By reading this thread makes me feel like I'm going to fail eco yr 12. Because we have the bludgiest teacher that never gives out anything execpt the text book. And we didn't even finish the yr 11 syllabus, onli got pass half way a little. Got any suggestions how i can study for yr 12 under these circumstances?

and about those Ross Gittins articles, how do u remembers those to put it in the exam essays? i can hardly remember what the article is about after 1 day.

Last edited:

astro

HSC
we're getting told to read the newspaper every day and collect some articles - for eco and legal

brunette

HSC
FD3S-R said:
starting yr 12, my teacher emphasises textbook only provides the basic theory and yr 12 is more about using current economic data, and how we are meant to collect articles every month

is this true??? also imo with prelim leading edge book is so much better than tim riley , tim riley sometimes really hard to comprehend.

yeh the textbooks are just theory coz they get pretty outdated statistic wise
...u need to find out the unemployment rates, stances of policies etc. before u sit down and do exams coz it shows that ur applying ur knowledge to the current economic state
u can find them on the ABS website
but u dont have to ramble on about them..just mention and integrate them into ur response

and the textbooks u mentioned...we never learnt from them... we used tim dixon 'australia and the global economy' and the Bulmer and Chapmen series

FD3S-R

brunette said:
yeh the textbooks are just theory coz they get pretty outdated statistic wise
...u need to find out the unemployment rates, stances of policies etc. before u sit down and do exams coz it shows that ur applying ur knowledge to the current economic state
u can find them on the ABS website
but u dont have to ramble on about them..just mention and integrate them into ur response

and the textbooks u mentioned...we never learnt from them... we used tim dixon 'australia and the global economy' and the Bulmer and Chapmen series

tim dixon is the leading edge book :)

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Rorix said:
textbooks are overly verbose, if you're serious about eco (with money to spare) go to leading edge tutoring unless your teacher can give you good summarised notes (like mine:))

study methods? i just study the night before the exam, but whatever works for you

jeez...the leading edge tutorials cost too much, for me anyway. Oh btw the Economics Update which is produced monthly is really helpful.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
has anyone attended the leading edge tutorial sessions? i'm thinking about it and my parents will pay if i want to go, but i don't know if it will be worth it

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
my eco marks are pretty alrite, i got 88% in the trials..
textbook: the leading edge one
study methods: read everything.... ahaha too lazy to make notes..
i just read from a wide range of materials
gl with eco

steve_ell

im hoping for a band 6 in the hsc ... and for me the best way of studying is juist doin essys and understanding how everything works.... the most important thing is to be able to relate things to each other ...

eg increse Interest rates ----> increase capital inflow -----> increases in AUD from the increase in demand ----> easier to pay of foreign debt etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)