which summary? (1 Viewer)

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
hi im a bit confused can u guys suggest the best summary to print ive been lookin at all the chem sum and i dnt no which is the most accurate to the dot points and i dnt really want a 50page one....
fnx
:)

*sarah*

HSC
Are u talking about the summmaries on this site? I wouldn't recomend printing them out. Its better if u make your own summaries and just use the ones on the web as reference points if you get confused/need extra information. That way u can utilise all of them and dont need to waste tonnes of paper printing them out :)

Jaydels

HSC
*sarah* said:
Are u talking about the summmaries on this site? I wouldn't recomend printing them out. Its better if u make your own summaries and just use the ones on the web as reference points if you get confused/need extra information. That way u can utilise all of them and dont need to waste tonnes of paper printing them out :)
Yeah you will learn better if you write them yourself

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
lol i tried to rite my own ....but wen i saw the notes summited on the site i got lazy...plus isnt it a waste of time sitting there for hours writing summaries?....i culd jst use sum1 elses and skip 2 studing instead of sitting for endless hours wit 50books lookin for the best answer to the dot point...plus i usually end up getting off track wen i rite my summaries so instead ive decided 2 save time and jst read my bio books ...it sticks better then ritin it down...

Jaydels

HSC
Yaz88 said:
lol i tried to rite my own ....but wen i saw the notes summited on the site i got lazy...plus isnt it a waste of time sitting there for hours writing summaries?....i culd jst use sum1 elses and skip 2 studing instead of sitting for endless hours wit 50books lookin for the best answer to the dot point...plus i usually end up getting off track wen i rite my summaries so instead ive decided 2 save time and jst read my bio books ...it sticks better then ritin it down...
it does take a bit of time but it certainly isn't a waste

*sarah*

HSC
Jaydels said:
it does take a bit of time but it certainly isn't a waste
Thats right, in effect it IS studying and it helps you to better understand the concepts.

Jaydels

HSC
and you seem to remember more if you go and find the information then summarise it and put it in your own words, rather than just read it

>monkey<

HSC
nah u should write ur own ...i havent found any set of notes that have done every dot point perfectly, so i use a variety of text books and a few set of notes and write wat i think answers the dot point best ..u learn so much more that way than just reading someone elses notes

Paroissien

HSC
Or do what I did. Just copy out someone elses notes. The information sinks in, and you don't really have to think. Win, win

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Or just listen in class and don't bother with any summaries.

It's best if you write your own summary.

04er

HSC
*sarah* said:
Thats right, in effect it IS studying and it helps you to better understand the concepts.
Exactly. Writing your own summary is essential. If you are lazy then use other peoples' summaries as a guide to writing your own. However, with the growing number of people that write their own summaries, I'd suggest that you write yours as soon (and as quickly) as possible, to gain an advantage over the rest of the people (such as myself) who leave it to the last few months. I spent ~8 hrs writing a summary for each module for all three sciences, and I definitely don't regret it. They are more important than past papers (I didn't even do one!) :uhhuh: Though of course, if you have time, you should also do past papers ;)

Last edited:

Jaydels

HSC
I spent ~8 hrs writing a summary for each module for all three sciences, and I definitely don't regret it
geez i spent heaps longer than 8hrs.....i've been writing summaries for all my topics since the beginning of the hols

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
did use rite notes for the right hand side of the syllabus for chem?

04er

HSC
Jaydels said:
geez i spent heaps longer than 8hrs.....i've been writing summaries for all my topics since the beginning of the hols
That is, 8 hrs per module.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)