• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

which simpsons episodes for truth (1 Viewer)

s.m.i.t.h

HSC
attention all simpsons fans out there....
which episodes of the simpsons would be good for telling the truth..besides the babysitter one and the jebediah springfield one.

G

Gavvvvvin

The one where Mayor Quimbys nephew or whatever he is, Freddy, is accused of hitting that waiter at some party. However Bart skipped school and saw what had really happened, and he is faced with the decision of telling the truth that he skipped school and was at the partyand knows what really happened, or not saying anything and letting an innocent person get in trouble.

leikWHOA

I think the babysitter one is the best one there is - "Homer Badman". I used it for an assignment earlier in the year and have tonnes of notes on it. It's good because it talks about the way that the media misrepresents the truth, and you can talk about the re-enactments, and the shonky editing, etc etc.

I was trying to think of other ones though. "How about Springfield Gets a Monorail"? You could talk about the way that the monorail guy manipulates the town at the meeting..? I don't really remember anything other than that scene, though.

If I come up with anything else, though, I'll let you know.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
The babysitter one is the one I used in my trials. There are so many episodes that can relate.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Nar the one where Homer takes the babysitter home, realizes she's got the jelly lolly stuck to her arse, so he grabs it off her and she accuses him of sexual harrassment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)