Which should I pick? (1 Viewer)

billybobbyno

HSC
Hi guys,
I'm in Year 10 rn and have 2 weeks to pick my subjects for next year. Ik that I wanna do law in the future, but I'm having some problems with which subjects to pick. rn I got:

- Eng Advanced
- Math Standard
- Legal Studies
- Society and Culture
- Geography
- MISSING

My school often gets around 15-16 students getting band 6's in business studies, while only having 5-6 students get band 6's in economics.

I was thinking of doing economics, but I heard from a lot of students and some teachers that its better to do economics with business studies. I thought of dropping geo, but I really like the content we learn. Should I do 14 units (Geo + Economics and Business) or just do economics?

Last edited:

carrotsss

HSC
Keep in mind that not all band 6s are created equal. A band 6 in business studies is a fair bit easier to achieve, and as such scales a fair bit worse than economics, so in reality there’s no real difference.

Doing as many units as you can in yr11 is a good idea imo since it doesn’t (really) count and it’s a lot easier to drop a subject later on than pick one up if you regret not choosing it, and if u don’t choose enough units you could end up stuck in a subject you don’t want to do in year 12

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Hi guys,
I'm in Year 10 rn and have 2 weeks to pick my subjects for next year. Ik that I wanna do law in the future, but I'm having some problems with which subjects to pick. rn I got:

- Eng Advanced
- Math Standard
- Legal Studies
- Society and Culture
- Geography
- MISSING

My school often gets around 15-16 students getting band 6's in business studies, while only having 5-6 students get band 6's in economics.

I was thinking of doing economics, but I heard from a lot of students and some teachers that its better to do economics with business studies. I thought of dropping geo, but I really like the content we learn. Should I do 14 units (Geo + Economics and Business) or just do economics?
just a quick note that legal is NOT a prerequisite for law in uni, so whether u take it or not won't affect you. However personally, i enjoy legal studies a lot (despite the heavy content, memorising and a lot of writing), as well as business studies

billybobbyno

HSC
Did business sometimes overlap with the stuff you were learning in legal?

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Did business sometimes overlap with the stuff you were learning in legal?
depends. In legal (year 12), theres 2 topics where you have to learn (crime + human resources), and 2 options that you have to choose from the 7. Out of those 2, one option we chose was consumers, which had a lot of business stuff in it so it was ok and yea it laps alot. Also, in business theres some legal stuff such as some Acts/legislation/laws but its barely

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)