Which School is doing Retreat From The Global? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
All three classes run by ineptness and a lack of transparent and explicit information chracterised by misleading information...

My biggest concern is that all this shit is fucking bullshit SOCIOLOGY. It's a load of boring, uninteresting, unimportant crap with psudo-words.

jawjayo

vast and green
HSC
only 2 of the classes at hornsby do it. the other two classes are just too damn lucky.

HSC
N/A
ROFL damn straight...

Now, since everyone in the grade (or almost everyone) has figured out who I am, does that mean I have to try and figure out who you are too?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Because I remember commenting on those girls wearing tight, short brown skirts at the UOW discovery day ;)

HSC
N/A
!!! Not anymore!!

Now we have these weird pleated skirts... still brown though :( we match the walls...

actually, that's a lie. We USED to match the walls. But you see, it's all so designer-tech these days, our decor is strictly pink, cream and green only, you see...

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
the class that's doing RFTG in sydney boys is one of the top 2 extension classes
hang on, that's absolute crap.

Top 2 class my arse. My god, who in our class is good at english? I don't know how Bryden got that idea. :-\

Consider: we have TWO people in our class who are in the top 20.
Consider: Last year we got 4 people into band E4.
Consider: The year before last we got 4 people into band E4 as well.

So basically
a) that's absolute crap. It's not a top 2 class at all, and
b) even if it WAS a top 2 class, it wouldn't be anything to worry about. I mean, 15000 people do ext eng. 4 people from sbhs get band E4. my god, forget about sydney boys.

Worry about baulkham hills, sydney girls and hornsby girls.

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
St Patricks @ sutherland is doing it too with a class of 12 girls.. and it is a very smart class (if i do say so myself :p). Me thinks we will all get high B3/4 so WATCH OUT... lololol we are quite confused at the moment our trial is on tuesday and sooo unpredictable!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I'm pretty confident more people will get an E4 this year. I may not at the moment be ranked in the top 20 for Ext1 due to myself underachieving in my opinion. But if English Advanced marks are anything to go by, I should achieve very well. (Ranked aprox top 20 in advanced).
Bryden did say that based on the marks from year 11 our class is one of the top 2 ext 1 classes, and funnily enough it is true based on those marks. The reason for that is actually because everyone got estimates for ext 1 yr 11 who went on the world history tour, and theres ron, glass, shiner, neville and possibly a few more who got a 40/50 estimate

HSC
N/A
Woot for Hornsby Girls! (omg I said the word "woot"...)
"You should all be able to get into Band 5 or 6" - Mr E
"I think I get what he means... Anything less than a Band 5 or a 6 is a fail.... I'm screwed!" - glitterfairy

Should we all be worrying about North Sydney girls as well? they are higher up on the Selective School chain, anyway... and what about James Ruse?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
good luck on your band 5 or 6, considering that extension subjects only go up to band 4. You're going to need it :)

HSC
N/A
hahaha i suck... to me, everything is now on a band 1-6 (including extensions. I am screwed aren't I? I don't even know how the bands work.... shows how much i know!)

Although Mr E was probably talking about normal english Advanced- i sit in the same spot for the same classes (same room, same teacher, almost the same people) so I tend to get eng and Eng Ext mixed up...

In short, just ignore everything I say... it's better that way...

2muchwork

HSC
Parkes High School is doing it too, nothing to be happy about though...

I

i h8 mr. baird

our skool is doing retreat from the global too

jus lettin ms.cinderella know that redfield college at dural is doing retreat from the global too. not only that, we have no fucking idea about the course and our teacher is a wanker. anyone who knows how to get marks in this elective please let the rest of the world know cos we haven't got a clue. fuck the new english course, fuck post-modernism, fuck extension english and most importantly, fuck retreat from the global and its paradigms....if anyone feels the same, be heard!!!!

HSC
N/A
rofl

Look at it this way. No matter what question you get, it will always be a re-worded version of "How is the notion of RFTG reflected/conveyed in these texts?"

Look at the local culture and global culture portrayed. How do they influence each other? How do they affect each other? Do people's lives or careers change, do they start thinking in a different way?

Exactly what texts are you studying? If you're doing Lost Salt, Heaney or Shipping News, I might be able to help.

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
HELP!
i need supplementary material for RFTG !
the guy next to me stole Mosquito Coast from me and is using it.
:(

What can i use?
Alot of the stuff on the Supplementary Materials forum doesnt seem to apply to what im doing?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)