which NSW uni + other help(inc nonnsw ppl) (1 Viewer)

staticstate

HSC
okay I am going to fire a whole lot of questions and details away and hope that i get as many responses as i can to each to feel satisfied. on a side note this isn't going to be my alone deciding factor in any decision making but I value a persons opinion and would appreciate any input.

The Job Dilemma

This is my first concern, Is it unusual not knowing what exact job you want to do? I feel that I just don't have enough industry knowledge to say this is the job I want to do and for this firm. I've seen alot of people stating that Uni helped them decide/gave them the information for them to make that decision. Which uni's are good for that?

I have some things that i want from a job, and maybe telling you will help you give me good insight into a specific uni/course/subject that would benifit me.

First of all I'm interested in Business, I want a job that has alot of interaction and flying around the world. I'm not sure wether I want to work as a consultant for big companies (i think thats where the traveling is) or a big company that requires alot of travel. I just really don't know what kind of jobs require that. I was leaning towards accounting but I felt that perhaps it didn't offer the high rolling travel and such things as maybe a marketing or management major would.

so thats that. just wanna know what kinda works out there.

The Degree Dilemma

This one I've basically figured out I want to do a Bcom/Barts or a Bbus / B arts Internation studies (in different uni's) for the kind of work I want do i need a cadetship and to drop arts? and yeah what majors/minors should i be looking into.. keeping in mind i have an adv dip in accounting as a good base so maybe i don't need to major in accounting/finance? unless like i said before thats where the kinds of jobs i want are.

lastly(luckily)

Which Uni?

obviously I dont want you to just say UNSWor USYD..

where is my selection,
UNSW
USYD
UTS
UWS (dont think it offers the arts double?)
MACQ

Now I live in the western suburbs so mac and uws have an advantage and uts and usyd being easier to get to than unsw.

Well the prestige of USYD/UNSW make the travel worthwhile?

heres where i jot down random things and make this even longer and more difficult to follow.

I've herd the social life at UWS sucks ass.. especially at parra.. which is where i'd be going.

I was thinking USYD because I love the compus, the prestige and apparently the arts is great there. is it?

I wasn't thinking USYD because the travel, from what I gather it doens't offer a year abroad like other arts degrees do (UNSW, UTS Arts Int Stud). the exchange is really important to me. which uni provides better overseas uni placement?

Umm for UTS. The program looks really decent. seems to be decent uni.

against UTS, if I'm going to travel that far I may as well go to USYD? or is USYD not that much better than UTS.

for UWS is of course being right near me, umm parra campus is nice.

and yeah thats the general idea.. way too long but if you read it and have something to say it'll be appreciated. ta

pottsy44

HSC
just on the uws front what about a Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws?

as for travel to usyd and uts, uts is a 5min walk from central. usyd is generally a 10min bus trip, not including waiting time or a 20min walk.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
mac has the best exchange program by far. they have ridiculous amounts of money for exchange, and you end up paying for half the cost of it all.

HSC
blackfriday said:
mac has the best exchange program by far. they have ridiculous amounts of money for exchange, and you end up paying for half the cost of it all.
i agree ^
unfortunately i changed degrees and won't be going to mac any more.. i realised i was pretty much going there just for the exchange program!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)