• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which Mobile To Get? (1 Viewer)

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
I'm on the lookout for a new mob. and was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions? Don't have a fixed budget, but I was looking for something top-of-the-line, however i'm not really interested in a smartphone.

The K750i has caught my fancy; any suggestions on this?

If you could provide a store which offers any deals or the best plans on a certain phone you suggest (or perhaps the k750) it would be appreciated. Thanks.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Ohh, and as for my usage, I don't talk too much on the phone. Perhaps $20-$30 a month tops?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Recently acquired the Samsung SGH-D500 phones and love it :)

A feature-packed new slide-style GSM phone with a 1.3 megapixel camera. Key features include Bluetooth, speakerphone, internal antenna, and 96 MB of memory. Other features include video capture (up to 60 minutes), music player (MP3 / AAC), e-mail with attachments, and a high-resolution 262,000-color display.
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=630

Currently running it on Virgin Pre-Paid.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
i know i asked for suggestions.. i was just giving my opinion after his constructive post..

funniboi

HSC
www.gsmarena.com to look around and read the features + comments on the phone you like

(it also has new phones that are soon to be comming out)

the D600 is out in the U.K, it's just like the D500, but it's got a flashcardslot + 2mp camera, check it out.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
steer away from the d500, it doesnt have expandable memory. sure samsung made an excellent phone, but 96mb of memory is nowhere near enough for a supposed 'multimedia' phone...
My phone has like 32mb of memory and that's enough? I only have one mp3 on it (chopped to size) for the ringtone, and pictures from a camera phone aren't worth 96mb ! If they are big photos you'd take them off periodically anyhow :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
steer away from the d500, it doesnt have expandable memory. sure samsung made an excellent phone, but 96mb of memory is nowhere near enough for a supposed 'multimedia' phone...
Well i have a ipod mini, and a digital camera.

I consider those extras rather than necessary features.

What does the thread starter want in a phone?

MajinR

Procrastination Master
HSC
i have about 1.1GB on my phone...

anyway phones are updated so often that as soon as you buy the latest and greatest one out there will be something new out within a week.. just get a phone will all features that suit your needs/wants and stick with it :p

dont wait till the latest one comes out with all these uber features...unless those features arent out yet or something :)

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
AsyLum said:
Well i have a ipod mini, and a digital camera.

I consider those extras rather than necessary features.

What does the thread starter want in a phone?
Camera, MP3, mpeg is not a necessity..., alright looks (i am as blunt to judge a phone by its appearance), i dunno what else =\, i think the k750 has me covered though

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
MedNez said:
My phone has like 32mb of memory and that's enough? I only have one mp3 on it (chopped to size) for the ringtone, and pictures from a camera phone aren't worth 96mb ! If they are big photos you'd take them off periodically anyhow :p
well i spose it depends on the person but nah ud be surprised how quickly you can fill it up!
with a combination mp3 ringtones, pics, videos, voice recordings and whatever else it can fill up pretty quickly, esp. if you have a 1MP camera

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
k750i is defenetely the best phone for the money ... in class of its own ... go and buy it

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
RUB!X said:
k750i is defenetely the best phone for the money ... in class of its own ... go and buy it
the W800 makes me not so sure though..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hehe the thing i never liked, even with the early ericssons was the box shaping with the navigation thingy in the middle. I hated it from the very first ones which i had to now rofl. It just seems aesthetically rigid :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)