Which laptop is the best? [Poll] (1 Viewer)

Which laptop do you have/want?

• MacBook

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • MacBook Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Macbook Air

• Toshiba

• Sony Vaio

• Acer

• Dell

• HP

• Compaq

• IBM

• Total voters

iMAN2

HSC
N/A
Which laptop would you recommend?

It sounds like the general consensus from the 'laptops at uni?' thread is for MacBook Pro's (mbp)...

What do you love and hate about your laptop and which feature do you wish it had?

Also what is its [screen] size and is it too big or small?

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC
the new macbook pro is extremely good value. don't get a macbook air for its 'compact' size, it's not worth the extra money.

rememebr 8 hours of battery power

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
I use a netbook for uni, i laugh at people carrying heavy laptops around when mine just sits in my handbag. I would replace it for a light 13'' macbook pro or regular macbook though they are not too heavy and small.
mine is a 9 inch screen, with a 1024x600 resolution, i do have a monitor i plug it into at home, and considering i do not play games or use any resource heavy software on it it suits my needs. The 9inch screen is fine for general word processing, and what not and it has a nice keyboard. Mine is a MSI wind btw.

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC
no point getting a regular macboo anymore ever since they came out with the 13 inch pro

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
no point getting a regular macboo anymore ever since they came out with the 13 inch pro
YES! You can still get the white, plstic ones, but why anyone would is beyond me.

Personally, I have a 15" Macbook Pro and it's battery life, functionality and aesthetics are amazing. It's also quite thin for it's size and as such, not too heavy. Recently, I purchased an Incase backpack for it and it's perfectly designed. Even when it is completely full, with the laptop inside, it is comfortable and secure. I think it will be perfect for uni next year =]

philphie

Banned
HSC
YES! You can still get the white, plstic ones, but why anyone would is beyond me.

Personally, I have a 15" Macbook Pro and it's battery life, functionality and aesthetics are amazing. It's also quite thin for it's size and as such, not too heavy. Recently, I purchased an Incase backpack for it and it's perfectly designed. Even when it is completely full, with the laptop inside, it is comfortable and secure. I think it will be perfect for uni next year =]
i personally prefer the 13 inch only because i think the point of having a wide screen laptop defeats the purpose of having a laptop: it being compatible, not to say 15 inch isn't compatible

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
i personally prefer the 13 inch only because i think the point of having a wide screen laptop defeats the purpose of having a laptop: it being compatible, not to say 15 inch isn't compatible
Yeah, the 13" ones are great too. Heaps of power for their size. Although, I do have to ask, did you mean compact instead of compatible? :S

philphie

Banned
HSC
Yeah, the 13" ones are great too. Heaps of power for their size. Although, I do have to ask, did you mean compact instead of compatible? :S
fuck yeah sorry, i didn't sleep last night, nor any night this week

LordPc

HSC
Which laptop would you recommend?

It sounds like the general consensus from the 'laptops at uni?' thread is for MacBook Pro's (mbp)...

What do you love and hate about your laptop and which feature do you wish it had?

Also what is its [screen] size and is it too big or small?
firstly, i get the sense that you dont need a laptop at all, but rather want one for your personal image/status reasons.

secondly, it depends on what you intend to use it for, your budget, etc

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Hehe, that's ok. We all suffer from sleep depravation at one stage or another hehe. I hope you get some sleep soon!

philphie

Banned
HSC
Hehe, that's ok. We all suffer from sleep depravation at one stage or another hehe. I hope you get some sleep soon!
thanks, there's a large tree right next to my window and the bats have been really noisy lately, flying into my window and whatnot

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Toshiba are really good laptops, i voted for Toshiba. Im getting a HP TX2 though, the tablet feature is pretty cool.

Idk who voted Acer and why, but Acer is easily the worst popular laptop brand. They are really poor build quality, when i did work experience at a computer repair shop a lot of the broken laptops were Acers and i could tell they are built cheaply. For example there is space for 6 screws to mount the screen and most companies do use 6, but Acer use 4. Most companies tape the cable from the screen down, but not acer..

Macbooks uni body design is stupid, cant replace the battery so you cant put in a better battery or carry around multible batteries. Also there are some rumours that the metal case on the Macbooks may interfere with wifi, warp due to heating problems from the battery, or cause electric shock.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Toshiba are really good laptops, i voted for Toshiba. Im getting a HP TX2 though, the tablet feature is pretty cool.

Idk who voted Acer and why, but Acer is easily the worst popular laptop brand. They are really poor build quality, when i did work experience at a computer repair shop a lot of the broken laptops were Acers and i could tell they are built cheaply. For example there is space for 6 screws to mount the screen and most companies do use 6, but Acer use 4. Most companies tape the cable from the screen down, but not acer..

Macbooks uni body design is stupid, cant replace the battery so you cant put in a better battery or carry around multible batteries. Also there are some rumours that the metal case on the Macbooks may interfere with wifi, warp due to heating problems from the battery, or cause electric shock.

the new macbooks don't need better batteries and you wouldn't need spare batteries considering they last 8 hours tops, that's more than any PC out there.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
the new macbooks don't need better batteries and you wouldn't need spare batteries considering they last 8 hours tops, that's more than any PC out there.
not true the nokia booklet lasts 12 and many netbooks can last more then 8 hours and you can replace the battery. Most laptops in general are getting better with battery life not just macs.

philphie

Banned
HSC
not true the nokia booklet lasts 12 and many netbooks can last more then 8 hours and you can replace the battery. Most laptops in general are getting better with battery life not just macs.
well netbooks only last that long because they're designed for low maintenance use

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
it is not only netbooks that can last over 8 hours, more full size laptops are getting better battery life

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
oh yeah macbook pros are awesome, but i was just letting you know you are wrong about it been the only laptop with 8 hours battery life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)