Which is the best private school? have your say. (2 Viewers)

Which is the best private school?

• MLC School Sydney

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Trinity Grammar School

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Newington College

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Scots College

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • The Kings School

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Ascham

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Pymble Ladies\' College

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Abbotsleigh

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Knox Grammar School

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Ravenswood

Votes: 17 7.5%

• Total voters

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeha but you're one or the other you couldn't just choose between the two, you're either a guy or a girl!!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by evenstar
coed privates school are not much different. other than the gender.

I didn't mean there was anything wrong with single-sex schools, I was referring to the fact that she would either go to Kings or Tara, when obviously that is impossible, when you're either make or female and they were a male and a female school :rolleyes:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by krissy7685
i cant believe you guys are still going on and on about shit on this forum..

maybe u guys should be focusing a bit more on trials or the hsc...
If you don't like it don't read it its pretty simple

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by YEAR12
I didn't mean there was anything wrong with single-sex schools, I was referring to the fact that she would either go to Kings or Tara, when obviously that is impossible, when you're either make or female and they were a male and a female school :rolleyes:
are you talking about me? i wouldnt go to either, there is no way in hell you would catch me dead in a private school, im a public girl all the way...then again, where i live, the public school that i go to has a better reputation than the private anyway..

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
nah I was talking about the person who thought I was saying single sex schools were crap, I didn't mean it like that

krissy7685

this is to the dude with theplay boy bunny
its a bit hard not to read it considering it comes to my email everytime one of u guys says something

evenstar

no, i dont like single sex schools, really. and i'm all for public schools too.

if you'd rather not hear about this talk, why dont you just UNSUBSCRIBE then?

krissy7685

cos its funny to watch u ppl talk about such un-significant things..

and anywayz i dont come on here that often

god i hate public school ppl....

junior

i can't believe my school is yet to get a mention?!?!
Waverley College....!! geez...if any school knows how to make the news...its us. but hey...if you look at the other CAS schools...at least we didnt make it for their reasons:
Knox - apples in Chapple
Trinity - anaconda
cranbrook - pansies

evenstar

i cant stand how some private school people think that they are above the rest of us.

just because of the school they attend.

and if you find it so funny, then don't complain about it.

chandra

Banned
WHY THE HELL IS KINGS UP THERE AND ST PIUS ISNT? ITS ONE OF THE MOST EXCLUSIVE SCHOOLS IN ONE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE SIDES OF SYDNEY...SHEESH GET IT RIGHT NEXT TIME!

ANYWAY I ONLY SAY THAT COZ MY BROTHER GOES THERE BUT ITS LIKE AN INSULT TO NOT INCLUDE THAT AS ONE FO THE TOP 10 SCHOOLS IN SYDNEY

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Originally posted by evenstar
i cant stand how some private school people think that they are above the rest of us.

just because of the school they attend.
I agree...its crap..but then again, they dont do so well after school apparently...

krissy7685

what i feel about public schools is my opinion...but then again.. there are some nice ppl that go there

but saying something as profound as

Originally posted by chand
I agree...its crap..but then again, they dont do so well after school apparently...

thats absolute crap... if u go for a job and u say u went to a private school in comparison to a public school... the person that went to the private school has better chances at the job... despite qualification.. (see i can be profound too)

i would know... my dads one of the directors of westpac and alot of owners/managers feel the same way,,, except somewhere like maccas... god forbid anyone working there

Chat1

Yeah i agree with evenstar, PUBLIC schooles all the way. We get taught about real life and real situations. Also there was a study done into university 'drop out' statistics. More public school students (if they make it to uni) actually stay on at uni. This is cause at school we are not pressured into doing work. We have the choice whether we want to work or not.

And Krissy thats great that your dads some director of westpac who sends you off to some snobby school. Maybe you can go get a job off him instead of actually having to work. Some people need to work at macca's to get money because they dont get money from daddy.

Btw, no i dont work at maccas. just dont bag people who do work there.

evenstar

having a decent job, to earn money and experience, doesnt deserve being discrimination or harassment. employers that employ on such a basis (private schooling over public schooling) should realise that its called discrimination, something thats against human rights. in recruiting, if positive discrimination is required, then that is very well acceptable. any employer should be diplomatic in their dealings with others.

you are portraying to all of us here that you are of such a high status, because of your private schooling, that you are above the rest of us.

"Maybe you can go get a job off him instead of actually having to work." this point supports "they dont do so well after school apparently..."

and what you just did is called being a HYPROCRITE. you mock others being profound, yet you are allowed to be profound, yourself.

snow bum

Banned
Originally posted by chandra
WHY THE HELL IS KINGS UP THERE AND ST PIUS ISNT? ITS ONE OF THE MOST EXCLUSIVE SCHOOLS IN ONE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE SIDES OF SYDNEY...SHEESH GET IT RIGHT NEXT TIME!

ANYWAY I ONLY SAY THAT COZ MY BROTHER GOES THERE BUT ITS LIKE AN INSULT TO NOT INCLUDE THAT AS ONE FO THE TOP 10 SCHOOLS IN SYDNEY
Haha you are joking aren't you?

You know what I hate? Public school students with FUCKING INFERIORITY COMPLEXES! GET THE FUCK OVER THEM! We DO NOT think we're better than you, it's just easier for you to think like that to justify any resentment you have towards us. :rolleyes: That is the only way I can justify your behavior (assuming you are acting rationally).

Originally posted by Chat1
Yeah i agree with evenstar, PUBLIC schooles all the way. We get taught about real life and real situations. Also there was a study done into university 'drop out' statistics. More public school students (if they make it to uni) actually stay on at uni. This is cause at school we are not pressured into doing work. We have the choice whether we want to work or not.
Like what life situations? What are you taught about 'life' that private school students aren't? Stop pulling sentences out of your arse. And also, the only reason private schools have higher dropout rates at Uni is because those students didn't drop out at high school (like a lot of public school students. One quarter (or more?) of the state doesn't do their HSC, the vast majority of those students formerly attended public schools). People who are destined to fail will fail regardless of what education they get. The only difference is that private school students drop off at uni instead of high school (because they're pushed to work at high school). Private schooling can't make a success out of someone who is not willing to do work off their own back. It will catch up with them later in life. :)

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
hehe trinity....hehe anaconda

well i've been to kings, scots and newington for basketball

scots and newington are ok but we reamed kings
it was like 50-0 at half time so go them! :p

Chat1

Life skills, well lets see:

- How all people are equal, students as well as teachers. We dont see our teachers as just teachers, they area mates, two of teachers have come to the pub with us. (and yeah if your going to say how this a bad thing coz they dont so leadership or any other bs, dont even bother)

- We learn to work for ourselves, not to work cause we are being pushed by other people, or because we dont want to get a detention

Also, public schools have higher drop out rates cause we have to accept all types of people. We accept all the people who are at school to muck around, and they 'drop out' because they want to do an apprenticship or because school is not for them. We also get all the students who are kicked out of private schools.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
right. so private schools are not accepting, students treat their teachers with (i'm not sure what you're trying to say), and they only work because they're pushed by other people.

yea, you're really accepting. do you even know anyone from a private school or are you just judging people based on the income of their parents?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)