which is the best architecture course in australia? (1 Viewer)

ZippyWarrior

G'day
HSC
hi everyone, i understand most unis have the 3 + 2 system for architecture now, that being 3 yr undergrad then 2 yr masters.
What are your thoughts on where the best architecture degree in aus is? I believe that the hardest to get in2 are uni syd, and uni nsw. Uni melb will bring out their environments degree nxt yr, which i think will be high quality. That said adel uni is well known 4 its architecture too.
Any help or experiences shared would be much appreciated. Thanks, elise.

widewombat

HSC
Well I'm at UWA and it's been pretty good so far. Great teachers/facilities/student community. If you graduated high-school last year you've probably already picked where you're going by now anyway...

But I figured any of the GO8 Unis would be fine, just make a big effort and do well at your course/get tight with your teachers and peers, who are all architects or will be one day. That seems to be the most obvious way to get ahead in this business.

powerdrive

HSC
have a look at usyd, apparently its highly regarded. one of my mates got into it, this year's cutoff is 93.15

Meistro

HSC
N/A
powerdrive said:
have a look at usyd, apparently its highly regarded. one of my mates got into it, this year's cutoff is 93.15
Uh.. no.

They were very close to being discredited by the board last year. Not enough practical teaching, to whimsical and history oriented. Bad.

UNSW, Uni SA, and RMIT are supposedly where its at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)