Which is better- league or union? (1 Viewer)

Which is better, league or union?

• League

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Union

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • I don't like either, it doesn't matter

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Genesys

HSC
Wondering who thinks leage is better than union or vice versa and why?

Personally I favour union...but that may be because they didn't have league in South Africa.

davo_

good kid
HSC
I think due to the large amount of league discussion already on the forum this poll may be a bit biased, but I spose we will see... I prefer league - I consider it better to watch, and to play.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well, League players are much more fitter and league forwards have much better ball skills than rugby forwards. However, rugby backs are more skillful than league backs, but they aren't as fit. Rugby forwards just depend on size, you dont have to be good (ask Dan Roach, who just made Aussie schoolboys).

I like league though, because in a league v rugby match [with one half of league, one half of rugby], league would win.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
i refuse to vote on that poll. there should be a fourth catagory which you like both and hate being asked questions like that. i like league because it is faster, but the internationalism in union makes it good, i support the wallabies more passionately than the kangaroos. and i agree with league players being fitter. the fitness levels required to play union are dubious when matt dunning can play at the highest level

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hmm got a feeling this has been done before. Anyway, I like watching union more. Especially the allblacks backs, they are the best in either code. The continuous phases can make it exciting(or boring). Though they gotta do something about the points for drop goals, 3 is too much. Agree with what bookie said about the union forwards, they aernt as intelligent, however tactically they are quite sound. However, someone like Richie McCaw is a gem. His eye for forcing turnovers from the opossition scrum is amazing.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i prefer league, but i dont think it is better than union. i enjoy watching the wallabies play but that's really where it stops

for me league is more exciting, with fewer stoppages and not as much pointless kicking. but union do have decent scrums, something league is really lacking

ledzeppelin

HSC
league owns union
to quote laurie daley: "union is a complex game played by wankers"

rewster

HSC
League is better because it's more exciting. League has the GF, the SOO, and Test matches. Union test matches are better but SOO is better to watch than Wallaby matches, same with the NRL GF. The super-12 GF is nowhere near as exciting as the NRL GF and the only thing in Union that comes close to being as exciting to both NRL GF and SOO is the Rugby World Cup, but that only comes once every four years. So League is better.
Go Steven Larkham and Brett Finch!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Even with rugby internationals, RL internationals arent too bad.

I think there were only two upsets in the 2003 RWC;

Australia beating New Zealand in the semi
Uruguay beating some other crappy team (Uruguay was 15th, the other team was 14th in world rankings)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I prefer league. I don't like the constant kicking out and penalty shots in rugby. Also having limited tackles means allows for attacking kicks whereas in rugby they always run the ball. But I do like watching rubgy if one team is really good (such as new zealand) and one is really shit (such as japan) because the backs just run right through them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)