Which Idea Is Better! Please Help! (1 Viewer)

x-beckyyy-x

HSC
hi guys..thanks for opening this!
i have to ideas for my Pip for thisyear.
but i am equally interested in both and dont no what to choose!!
if any of you people could help, let me know which one is better .. id appreciate it so much!! okay so :
1) different religion's views on sex and how it effects adolescent's views.
2) the idea of euthanasia..right or wrong?

i dont know if either of those have been done or not 10000 times. but yeah please feel free to let me know what you think .. x

Hallatia

HSC
I would say the first one, the second one is far too broad and can not be answerred by a society and culture PIP, the first one would also be much easier for you to relate to, thus easier for you to research, so I say definatel go with the first

eyestodiefor

HSC
While the first one seems more practicle for a society and culture pip - im inclined to suggest you dont rule anything out on the basis that it is too much. We are young and with not many chances to have a say - so if this is where you get to express yourself then i say do it. be that your first or second option.

I think your first one has been done and done - there was a news on a current affairs not too long ago about a couple aged 17 who wanted to get married cause they had been together for 3 years and they werent allowed to have sex or be seen as sinners before god. I mean that stuffs all over the media all the time.

The euthenasia one is a bit different. Broad yes - but you can refine that with the help of your society and culture teacher. I think it would be interesting not to look at euthenasia in its essense but how generations perceive it - its rife with cross cultural components - generational, cultural, political, georgaphical, legal etc etc etc. i think it would be really interesting but i'd steer clear of the whole 'right or wrong' debate that so many PIPs tend to try and emply and that tend to be their demise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)