Which Football club will Lucas Neill end up? (1 Viewer)

Which club will Lucas Neill end up?

• Chelsea

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Barcelona

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • AC Milan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Newcastle United

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Blackburn

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • other - please state

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
timlay said:
Roberto Carlos.

attacking defenders. :) okay.
Roberto Carlos, like every member of the Brazilian squad, are strikers. He just happens to play at right back.

Cant see Neill moving overseas, he's hellbent on leaving, so he'll go to newcastle or anfield. Cant see why he would want to leave Blackburn though, captain of a Uefa cup side that could have a decent run. As long he wins Australia the Asian Cup, i dont care where he goes.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Newcastle are lacking severely in defence. With Ramage, Taylor and Huntington all only just beginning their careers at the back, and no real player to build around, Newcastle are in desperate need of a quality defender. Joining NUFC would guarantee him a starting spot in defence because look who he'd be joining:

Ramage/Taylor/Huntington - Still very green and most likely to be rotated until they are experienced, as shown this season, Taylor looking like the standout so far.

Titus Bramble - Possibly the worst player in the EPL, a man who looks like a duck which has shit itself twice. I think the only reason Newcastle have him is because no club is stupid enough to buy him from them, even Ipswich rejected him.

Craig Moore - The Australian connection who is in the twilight of his career at St James.

Personally I wouldn't want Neill to come to Newcastle, mostly because of his age, St James Park needs a quality defender who is 24/25 and can stay around for a few years and provide something solid to build upon. Along with rising debt levels in the club finances, I can't see him coming to NUFC and if the club was looking at a defender like him, I'd opt for someone solid like Matthew Upson, a player a few years younger than Neill, languishing in the Championship at the moment, and most likely a lot cheaper than Neill who is running around with his 'flavour of the month' jersey; a guarantee of an inflated price tag.

All up. Liverpool can have him.

Rainbow Joanna

HSC
Raiks said:
Newcastle are lacking severely in defence. With Ramage, Taylor and Huntington all only just beginning their careers at the back, and no real player to build around, Newcastle are in desperate need of a quality defender. Joining NUFC would guarantee him a starting spot in defence because look who he'd be joining:

Ramage/Taylor/Huntington - Still very green and most likely to be rotated until they are experienced, as shown this season, Taylor looking like the standout so far.

Titus Bramble - Possibly the worst player in the EPL, a man who looks like a duck which has shit itself twice. I think the only reason Newcastle have him is because no club is stupid enough to buy him from them, even Ipswich rejected him.

Craig Moore - The Australian connection who is in the twilight of his career at St James.

Personally I wouldn't want Neill to come to Newcastle, mostly because of his age, St James Park needs a quality defender who is 24/25 and can stay around for a few years and provide something solid to build upon. Along with rising debt levels in the club finances, I can't see him coming to NUFC and if the club was looking at a defender like him, I'd opt for someone solid like Matthew Upson, a player a few years younger than Neill, languishing in the Championship at the moment, and most likely a lot cheaper than Neill who is running around with his 'flavour of the month' jersey; a guarantee of an inflated price tag.

All up. Liverpool can have him.
Well, it was the geordies own fault to sell Aaron Hughes to Villa. Plus its not like that team is struggling in defence. What I can't believe is with midfielders like Emre, Scott Parker, Nicky Butt, Alberto Luque, Damien Duff and Noberto Solano to name just a few you expect them to be at least performing.

Then again maybe replacing Shearer just isnt that easy. Lol cant believe the management got Michael Owen, I mean that guy probably could injure himself just hailing a taxi. Might as well invest in One tel.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Rainbow Joanna said:
Well, it was the geordies own fault to sell Aaron Hughes to Villa. Plus its not like that team is struggling in defence. What I can't believe is with midfielders like Emre, Scott Parker, Nicky Butt, Alberto Luque, Damien Duff and Noberto Solano to name just a few you expect them to be at least performing.

Then again maybe replacing Shearer just isnt that easy. Lol cant believe the management got Michael Owen, I mean that guy probably could injure himself just hailing a taxi. Might as well invest in One tel.
You can't replace the local hero of Shearer but you can at least adjust and move on, it just involves a tactical change away from the targetman approach they played when he was around. The problem is we're throwing Martins up front with no support and expecting what Shearer gave us. I shook my head when I tuned in to see Guiseppe Rossi up front one game. I don't understand how NUFC can have 28304023 quality midfielders but lack a quality partnership upfront or a solid first class centre back, especially when it seems the entire young and talented german backline were up for sale last transfer period.

Newcastle have had more than their fare share of injuries this season so far with Ameobi, Bernard, Bramble, Carr, Duff, Dyer, Emre, Moore, N'Zogbia, Owen, Parker and Nobby Solano all spending multiple weeks in the medical sheds. It pretty much means that they haven't had the consistant time on the pitch to develop some form, or in Owen's case, get on the field at all (I'm sure he'll collect the pension before he steps back onto the turf). And now there's whispers that Fat Freddy Shepard is looking at Viduka... I was disappointed when I saw St James actually booing the black and white, but I couldn't agree more when they chanted 'Sack the board'.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
A Geordie eh...? Why don't you come to the footy thread...?

Newcastle have a squad that can compete with the top 4 that's for sure, but there's something the lack, quality management. I'm sure if there's a top manager in charge they'll be making headways in the league. Injuries are also another problem for them, it's a shame they've lost Owen for so long, but shit happens.

Neill going to Newcastle would help, but they need more help than just that.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Roeder has done an excellant job so far, between injuries, a lack of experience and having to put up with the mediocrity of Shepard as chairman, Roeder has fought well above his class and I can see him at St James for a while. We just need to get rid of Fat Freddy. We definitely need a change of establishment management and things might be changing in the near future with the proposed take over by Polygon...

Neill in defence would only be short term, we need a solid first class centreback pairing in their mid-20's as a base to help develop the younger guys coming through such as David Edgar, Taylor, Ramage. I can see Matthew Upson as one of them (27) and we should have snapped someone like Huth up last transfer season.

And can someone please shoot Titus Bramble, he's a goose.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Roberto Carlos, like every member of the Brazilian squad, are strikers. He just happens to play at right back.
roberto carlos is a left back :) ...only by name though

and neil is most likely going to liverpool. no way he'll stay at blackburn

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
HotShot said:
The goalkeeper prevents the goals!

Defenders are playmakers - set up plays from the back.

A lot defenders have scored goals - lol even goalkeepers have scored em.
before anything else, defenders are there to stop a keeper from having to make any saves. stopping a player from forcing their keeper into a save is like scoring a goal if you're a defender (i'm a defender and i've been told this since i was 12). THEN you can be a playmaker and set things up from the back

Rainbow Joanna said:
grosso in italian is fat, is it not?
it means big...same thing

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
A2RAYA said:
before anything else, defenders are there to stop a keeper from having to make any saves.
Or if you're Titus Bramble, you're a defender there to help other teams score.

*Minka*

HSC
sk1001 said:
I think he'll end up at West Ham.
Now now, what makes you say that ;)

On a serious level, I am very suprised that he seems to value money over what would be a good career move as well as the chance to play in the champions league.

mcs

HSC
if he does move to West Ham, what a dumb move it would be in my opinion. Sure he will be on great wages but he is going to a club who could quite likely get relegated. He probably has an escape clause as part of the deal, but he is going to be a lot worse off if he moves there then leaves in the summer. And which of the big clubs will still be in for him then and willing to pay the wages he wants.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah. Something like $125 000 a week, with a $3 million tranfers fee

pottsy44

HSC
Kujah said:
Yeah. Something like $125 000 a week, with a $3 million tranfers fee
thats a bit of a downgrade from the speculation of him being offered $180,000 a week.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
pottsy44 said:
thats a bit of a downgrade from the speculation of him being offered $180,000 a week.
Maybe, I forgot ;) Its somewhere in the $100-200 000 range. All I know (I hope so) is that he's going to West Ham.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)