which degree to do (comm vs eco) at USYD (1 Viewer)

line_backer

HSC
If I want to do an economics and finace double major at USYD, am I better off doing the commerce or economics degree?

I hear doing the commerce gives you better credentials because you get acounting accreditation, is it true? I don't want to be an accountant but I wouldn't mind having a more versatile degree.

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
line_backer said:
If I want to do an economics and finace double major at USYD, am I better off doing the commerce or economics degree?

I hear doing the commerce gives you better credentials because you get acounting accreditation, is it true? I don't want to be an accountant but I wouldn't mind having a more versatile degree.
Well you won't get professional accreditation unless you do an accounting major and the required units for the relevant organisations. And you are able to get accreditation whether you do a BCom or BEco, as long as you do the required units.

There isn't too much difference if you do Finance/Economics in either the BCom or BEco, I guess the general consensus is that if you do a BEco, you're more likely to be in the economics field (not that it would stop you from going into other areas -Finance , accounting etc.).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)