Which Computer? (1 Viewer)

Villa94

HSC
Im looking for a computer to buy and want some advice on a good computer to get with a mmax cost of about $1500. Any advice please?

suling

HSC
Don't buy a Dell. Mine screwed itself in just about a year and a week, just after the warranty ran out.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Toshiba numba 1

(i have a HP laptop n its 2 years old but yeah... i spose when i first got it, it was great, and nowadays, its still doing well but its a lot slower)

Tofuu

HSC
nowadays, the only way to get a powerful computer with 1500, is too build it yourself, i don't think you'll get anywhere finding bigbrand comps

5qirtl3

Banned
HSC
yup, toshiba have the best laptops
but if you're gaming, i don't think laptops are the best lol
OP mentioned "a-bit" of gaming so yeh a laptop wouldn't be that bad in this case and i agree with others get a toshiba laptop.

HSC
Uni Grad
Also a toshiba laptop supporter (had one for a year now mum uses it). You should be able to get one that has decent graphics to enable you to play newer games for about that price if you look around.

5qirtl3

Banned
HSC
Also a toshiba laptop supporter (had one for a year now mum uses it). You should be able to get one that has decent graphics to enable you to play newer games for about that price if you look around.
yeh but not on high quality though.

hosay

HSC
N/A
first of all, don't buy a pre-built machine (i.e anything you get from dell, harvey norman, good guys etc..). You should ring a normal computer shop and get a quote for a custom built computer (i.e: u research and select what parts to put in, and the people at the computer shops build it for u). For example, try arc computers. The main things to consider is cpu, graphics card, hard drive, motherboard, case (mainli for how well cooled it is, like airflow and fans). In the end, what your computer can do is basically dependant on cpu and graphics card, so have a budget of $500 for the two. For example, the nvidia gt260 is a good graphics card and the intel e8400 is a good cpu. Hard drive, go for 1tb, and that should be round $100-150. A good motherboard is around $150-200, and a case + power supply would be around $150-250 (for a good gaming case with fans included). A 22" monitor should set you back $200-300, and a set of logitec x530 speakers should be under $100.
in the end, you could make a computer that would basically do anything you want, and run basically every game (itll be like 5x better than ps3 and xbox combined when coming to games).
The above works only for desktops btw.

HSC
Uni Grad
yeh but not on high quality though.
+1
Yeh, not high qual but enough to get by. Personally I dont find that high settings make a huge difference anyway, of course it's noticible but the game experience is still the same. But yeh, just look around for the best machine you can find for the price.

EDIT: If you decide to go desktop obv get custom built like hosay says.

vds700

HSC
also check out ASUS laptops. They are good value and seem reasonably well built too (had one for a year now and its been perfect).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)