which COMP unit (1 Viewer)

symo

HSC
im doin B Bus / B Ec n gotta do a 100 level COMP unit either 114, 115 or 123, cut it down to either 114 or 123, cant really decide, 114 sounds more computer nerdish. what are you ppl doin if your in a similar situation.
Cheers Adam

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by symo
im doin B Bus / B Ec n gotta do a 100 level COMP unit either 114, 115 or 123, cut it down to either 114 or 123, cant really decide, 114 sounds more computer nerdish. what are you ppl doin if your in a similar situation.
Cheers Adam
COMP123 is the subject for you.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
COMP123 .... how to turn on the computer and turn off... how to log on/off ..... how to use the internet!! YAY!...... but omg don't!!! it's such a waste of time..... ur a loser if u do this!! ...... it doesn't help u in any way!! and u gotta remember YOUR going to have to pay for it...5 grand?.. u mite as well choose a subject dats beneficial!

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by clairegirl
COMP123 .... how to turn on the computer and turn off... how to log on/off ..... how to use the internet!! YAY!...... but omg don't!!! it's such a waste of time..... ur a loser if u do this!! ...... it doesn't help u in any way!! and u gotta remember YOUR going to have to pay for it...5 grand?.. u mite as well choose a subject dats beneficial!
5 grand? It's more like $700 or whatever under HECS. It is beneficial, it teaches you a lot more than that. Plus its great to get good grades in.

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by HeCtic
hmmm. what exactly do comp 114 and 115 involve then? are they as simplistic?
114 is more like IPT pretty much, generally covering theory about information systems or so. The practical side is using Oracle 8i database systems, and covering pretty much all of SQL.

115 is about programming, i wouldn't recommend this to someone who isn't really interesting in programming, in which case 114 or 123 is a better option.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
still..... if u know that stuff already u shudn't bother doing it..... the way i see it..... if it's too easy and it won't benefit you besides the grades counting towards your degree... it's a waste of 700 bucks or however much it costs...... coz all up doesn't a degree approximately cost you about 30 grand (usually more) ..... divide that by the amount of subjects you do.. it would alil over a grand? i dunnoze..... to me it's just a waste of money and time and ur spose to make the most of uni

dats just me tho

HSC
i dont think it is GO COMP123 hahaha... going for a HD hence i can transfer :p its worth it!

symo

HSC
yeah dont want to learn bout programming. is 114 very technical (as in programming etc..) caus some of the unbit description sounds more reality based "manage info tech to revitalise business procedure". sorry its hard to explain.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i'd do comp123... its an easy HD from what i heard from my friend who did it.

it would still be beneficial and who really cares if it sounds like a waste of time. uni is about being lazy and doing as many 100level units you can fit into your degree!! hahaha!!

M

mushi

i got band 5 for ipt too...i guess comp114 is the right choice?

man..i dont wanna go through ipt all over again..stupid ebiz grrr

whats comp115/125 like btw? hard?

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mushi
i got band 5 for ipt too...i guess comp114 is the right choice?

man..i dont wanna go through ipt all over again..stupid ebiz grrr

whats comp115/125 like btw? hard?
COMP114 is more like IPT. But a bit more detailed, and you do more SQL at an 'advanced' level.

COMP115 is good, if you're interested in programming. You can't do COMP125 without COMP115. I wouldn't really recommend COMP115 if you're not doing a computing degree.

M

mushi

i see..problem is im doing ebiz, and it looks ike i have to choose sometihng comp related , but im trying to avoid comp subjects as i wanna try to transfe to comerrce and try to take up commercy type subjects instead.

i really dont like the SQL /programming side of things...:(

looks like COMP114 for me den..

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mushi
i see..problem is im doing ebiz, and it looks ike i have to choose sometihng comp related , but im trying to avoid comp subjects as i wanna try to transfe to comerrce and try to take up commercy type subjects instead.

i really dont like the SQL /programming side of things...:(

looks like COMP114 for me den..
Ah i see, in that case. I'd do COMP114, STAT170, ACST101 and something else. You'll get full credit for your transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)