Which clubs/societies did you join today? (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Just a note: If you're doin' full time, there may not much point in joining an exorbitantly high amount of clubs and societies. You may tend to find that you won't have much time to attend the functions and meetings of the majority of them (or that you get over it after a few weeks). Infact, many tend to find that they don't have time for any at all. :eek:

this is so true.....

lbft

Geek
HSC
Phanatical said:
See, that ain't fair. There are women's collectives and all that that men aren't allowed to join. But the moment we try starting a men's collective, or a men's society, and we're branded evil oppressors of women, and they tear up the application.
Oh, go have a cry.

chepas

HSC
JKDDragon said:
Just a note: If you're doin' full time, there may not much point in joining an exorbitantly high amount of clubs and societies. You may tend to find that you won't have much time to attend the functions and meetings of the majority of them (or that you get over it after a few weeks). Infact, many tend to find that they don't have time for any at all
Yeah. Especially the ones I joined that have rehearsals. What's the balance between uni work, work work and then society events/functions?! There's never a moment of peace?

I joined:

SUMS - Yay, a choir
Madrigals - Yay, another choir
JazzSoc - free Basement and Vanguard sometimes... but other than that.... :rolleyes:

and

SUSO

whose audition I royally f'ed this morning. Waiting for a call saying if I'm in or not on the weekend.

Re: SECS. Sounds really good actually. But I don't know how much serious composition I can do this year. There are comp units in senior years (for Arts on campus) so maybe... ? How open is SECS to us lowly folk doing music majors at Camperdown :D.

Last edited:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I joined:
MADSOC (movement and dance soc)
DarcySoc
SUGS (sydu greek society)
Inner Child (coz I got forced and coz I was promised a kiss by tommy_lamp...well he didn't promise me it, someone else did :p)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
chepas said:
Re: SECS. Sounds really good actually. But I don't know how much serious composition I can do this year. There are comp units in senior years (for Arts on campus) so maybe... ? How open is SECS to us lowly folk doing music majors at Camperdown :D.
The main campus music department is part of the Con now, so we're trying to get all the other music societies to embrace Con life and do stuff with our society. We're always looking for more members, both serious composers and not-serious, and performers, musicologists, music educators and music lovers. When you visit the website, you'll find out about the work our society is doing, not just within the university, but within the greater music scene - we're home to our own Chamber Orchestra, and we're one of the bigger players in the Australian electronic music scene.

By the way, if you're a member of any of the established music societies on campus (Beats, Grad Choir, JazzSoc, Madrigals, SUMS, MUSE, SURG, Scottish Country Dancing, SUSO or SUWO) you are entitled to a discount on your membership.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
grk_styl said:
I joined:

SUGS (sydu greek society)
Me too! I dont know why, Im only a quater greek...I think I joined it for the Baklava.

I also joined SUBSKI and FMAA, but am thinking of withdrawing from the second, because I dont have anything to do with marketing! I got conned!

I wanted to join the french society but I couldnt find it!

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i joined heaps of clubs for fun
the sports one
suds - drama
sueua - engineering
engineers without borders
philosophy society
suls - law
political society
soccer
aujs

LazyBoy

HSC
ALP & Labor
Buffy
Inner Child Society (Very first member :))
Politics

and maybe one or two others

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
It doesn't look like anyone from here has joined "Rifle"

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:
It doesn't look like anyone from here has joined "Rifle"
Meh I was thinking about it but the last time I fired one, I sucked. Stupid F88's :( I cant tell if I am in the correct prone position, for it, I dont seem to notice.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
Meh I was thinking about it but the last time I fired one, I sucked. Stupid F88's :( I cant tell if I am in the correct prone position, for it, I dont seem to notice.
the last time I shot a gun was about 6-7 years ago...It was a Kalashinkov. I dunno the english name for most guns...so I dunnno what gun they r gonna give us.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well more than likely you will be firing a .22 it seems to be the standard. You have to recock it each shot, so you lose your position more easily. Biathlon rifles are really easy to cock, they were very close to being outlawed because of how quickly it can be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)