Which Business course is best? (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Crikket said:
:confused:
what aspect of science will be useful to me if i want to go into corporate business?
Psychology, Geography or IT units may be useful.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Toodulu said:
so i'd go for com lib if you want a bit of humanities and keep some sanity
for straight commerce i would probably head to unsw first, and then UTS for their very practical course. to be honest i'm not the biggest fan of the usyd eco&bus faculty but what can you do.
There's nothing wrong with the usyd eco & biz faculty, it just that some of the less omniscient lecturers just happen to teach 1st year subs ;)

santaslayer

HSC
Toodulu said:
haha okay i can't be bothered reading everything.

dude, the "superiority" isn't snobbery or mindless promotion, but simple logic
- 4 years > 3 years, ie. you learn more, and it's a better option for someone who doesn't want to stay at uni for 5 years for a combined degree
- you can tailor your course to only study the units you want, or you can also pick to study the same junior units as someone with a straight commerce degree
- you can pick electives from the commerce, arts and science faculty, rather than just commerce
1) I never indicated that D-Day was being a snob. Please do not put words into my mouth. I don't appreciate it thank you. :)

2) The Concise Oxford English Dictionary defines logic as "the science of reasoning, proof, thinking, or inference." You are using 'logic' to back up D-Day's previous statement:

D Day said:
B Com (Lib St) Syd.

the highest level undergraduate business degree available in the country

I'm not as brilliant as you. I cannot use 'logic' to assume so many things in the future, please provide us with the benefit of your 'logic' by telling the forum how you are able to 'logically' predict the future. Are you able to see through the crystal ball?
I cannot argue over the advantages or disadvantages of doing a straight Commerce degree over your particular one. I am simply making an observation. I quite like the idea of being able to a BComm (Lib Stds) degree, but D-Day's statements are yet to be proved since it is such a new degree. Employers may embrace a degree like yours which allows for such diverse studies, I don't know :)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Minai said:
While I think its all cool that you can tailor your course, wheres that gonna take you? To max. your career prospects, you should focus your studies on specific disciplines..and what do you mean by "only study the units you want"? I thought you could do that in any degree at any uni!

also, you can pick electives from ANY faculty at UNSW in a commerce degree..
oh yeh, like you still need to do the units required to complete your major, but if you want to major in economics then you won't need to do accounting 1A and 1B which are compulsory jr units in B. Commerce (that's what i meant)
and i meant the space of 2 electives in the first year straight commerce degree. i meant you can pick electives for more faculties, simply because there are more flexibility for choice (due to the longer course and fewer compulsory units, and therefore more elective units)

(p.s. i saw you in chatty with your gf the other day. i would've so said hi but i didn't know how you were going to explain things to her haha.)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
oh and haha santaslayer, dude i mean "logic" as in like, you know, the definition of the actual word when normal people use it in everyday conversation. it's kind of sad that you're looking up the definition of the word, unless you didn't understand the meaning.. in which case you didn't have to share your new found knowledge with us because i'm sure most of us in here have adequate english literacy skills.
i was not using logic to back up that particular statement, i don't know where you got that idea. i think i quoted you asking how B. Com (liberal studies) was greater/more superior than a straight commerce degree. I don't appreciate people putting things into my mouth either.

By the way, I think I did provide evidence for my logic, look I even made it easier for you by putting it in point form! If that is still too difficult for you then I'm sincerely sorry for you. perhaps you've already made a good start by looking things up in the dictionary though.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Toodulu said:
oh yeh, like you still need to do the units required to complete your major, but if you want to major in economics then you won't need to do accounting 1A and 1B which are compulsory jr units in B. Commerce (that's what i meant)
and i meant the space of 2 electives in the first year straight commerce degree. i meant you can pick electives for more faculties, simply because there are more flexibility for choice (due to the longer course and fewer compulsory units, and therefore more elective units)

(p.s. i saw you in chatty with your gf the other day. i would've so said hi but i didn't know how you were going to explain things to her haha.)
toods: are you still trying for Law? how are ur marks?
and oh god...*self conscious*
and how many times is that now?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
my marks are really bad but i deserved them cos i hardly studied. transfer is still possible but i'll need a mega wow GPA next semester and i don't know if i can be bothered to nerd it up.. haha uni is bullshit anyway.
it was raining and you were wearing this purple scarf, i was like walking RIGHT BEHIND you and trying to talk really loud to get your attention but you were so focused on your gf haha.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Toodulu said:
my marks are really bad but i [dun think] deserved them cos... [i crammed]. transfer is still possible but i'll need a mega wow GPA next semester and i don't know if i can be bothered to nerd it up.. haha uni is bullshit anyway.
my sentiments exactly - how goes it toodz?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
nah man you won't need a mega wow GPA.. a distinction average and 99+ UAI doesn't sound too shabby to me

santaslayer

HSC
Toodulu said:
oh and haha santaslayer, dude i mean "logic" as in like, you know, the definition of the actual word when normal people use it in everyday conversation. it's kind of sad that you're looking up the definition of the word, unless you didn't understand the meaning.. in which case you didn't have to share your new found knowledge with us because i'm sure most of us in here have adequate english literacy skills.
i was not using logic to back up that particular statement, i don't know where you got that idea. i think i quoted you asking how B. Com (liberal studies) was greater/more superior than a straight commerce degree. I don't appreciate people putting things into my mouth either.

By the way, I think I did provide evidence for my logic, look I even made it easier for you by putting it in point form! If that is still too difficult for you then I'm sincerely sorry for you. perhaps you've already made a good start by looking things up in the dictionary though.

1) Did the proper definition simply overwhelm you? I'm simply using an authorised source to aid my argument, I'm sorry I don't have a better, more authorised source like yours; logic. LoLz. :p Being a standup comedian can get you a higher paid job than any commerce degree ever could.

2) You were using logic to back that statement because the debate started from the original post which triggered the forum conversation. In this case, D-Day's post.

Oh wait, I think I've found the problem area over this whole debate,

Toodulu said:
haha okay i can't be bothered reading everything.

The above was a means of quoting, using a source which is of of benefit to ones argument/statement. I'm not as exceptional as you, I cannot use logic to back up my statements, I only see the usefulness of evidence, but of course, that is only my own opinion. :)

2) Yes, I agree with you, my English is not, and never was up to standard, that is why I used a digital dictionary. I am always practising and constantly trying to develop a broader vocabulary. I'm sure you will be ther first one to help me on my English skills when the need arises. Thank you in advance. :)

3) By the way, proof/evidence as in statistical evidencce, not logical evidence.

4) I must say sorry for my previous post. After reading it again, I feel that my attitude was slightly inappropriate which may have caused your frustration evident in the above quoted post. Yes, this time I'm usiong logic to determine your frustrations. :p

LoLz.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i can't be bothered continuing this discussion with someone who simply argues with a misinterpreted version of what i'm saying
anyway, have a good life

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
"Being a standup comedian can get you a higher paid job than any commerce degree ever could."

ooooh ouch!

and why not look up the definition in the dictionary?
never mind :p

what aimnuni said, if everyone does accounting, wouldn't there be no jobs left because the competition would be so ...competative? :p

santaslayer

HSC
aimNuni said:
if everyone do accounting....then...whats going to happen? too many peop in this field....

First page of this thread. :p

santaslayer said:
Crikket: Not really, since every sector of the economy needs an accountant. The competition will heat up though, in top tier firms.
That's what I think anyways. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)