Which Bio option did you do for 2008? (1 Viewer)

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
h1958buglid said:
fucking genetics.
I wanted polygenics so i could write about corn, but no they just asked long answer questiosn

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
Tinkluvsyou114 said:
Human Story. What did other people write for the last question in that, about the possible implications of the human genome project on our understanding human evolution?
i describe what the project was
than i stated that it provided insights into the genetic code of Homo Sapiens, increasing our understanding of the human story. I also said that it would enable humans to change lifestyle according to what their genetic code holds for them in the future....and i blabbed on about how it can also be used negatively ...wrote around 3quarters of a page

you?

jozza80

Enthusiasm
HSC
Cob-was-here said:
Ditto. Such an easy option, and so interesting.
Same. Did human story option...

But easy/interesting; are you crazy!

Stupid and inaccurate would be my opinion..

:rolleyes:

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
jozza80 said:
Same. Did human story option...

But easy/interesting; are you crazy!

Stupid and inaccurate would be my opinion..

:rolleyes:

totally agree!! Human Story topic is pathetic! and extremely BORING!

steer-rider

HSC
Biochemistry, how many others did? For question a) i) how many said ribose and how many said a saccharide. What were they thinking, giving the Calvin cycle 3 marks? It is like the hardest bit of the entire syllabus, including all the other options and cores!

Cob-was-here

HSC
oh well, i think it was heaps good. Glad I chose it over communication.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Human Story. I talked about how genes and that can be analysed for stuff so that scientists can make evolutionary relationships, by comparing with the genes of other stuff and then blah blah blah.

Azurie

HSC
Cob-was-here said:
Ditto. Such an easy option, and so interesting.
Intresting :p? only a few parts, alot of it was boring lol

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
biotech :(

lol everyone doing biotech have a sad smiley afterward

-::Sanni::-

HSC
We did communication! And....I STUFFED up on the 7 mark question!!! X_X
I forgot that colour blindess also causes difficulty in seeing!

And the diagram of the ear...OMG pathway of soundwaves...I was stuck on that bit because well sound waves get converted into mechanincal energy and then electrochemical energy!...so I wasn't sure if SOUNDwaves went all the way to the organ of Corti....but I had it go there anyway... X_X

HSC
BamBam90 said:
Human story. :D
same here! what u think of it?
did u get the diagram of the dna hybridisation question?
totally did not know wat the hell was dat :(
other than that, they were a relief... :p

dolbinau

HSC
-::Sanni::- said:
We did communication! And....I STUFFED up on the 7 mark question!!! X_X
I forgot that colour blindess also causes difficulty in seeing!

And the diagram of the ear...OMG pathway of soundwaves...I was stuck on that bit because well sound waves get converted into mechanincal energy and then electrochemical energy!...so I wasn't sure if SOUNDwaves went all the way to the organ of Corti....but I had it go there anyway... X_X
I don't think you have to worry about colour blindness as we don't have the technologies to fix it, do we?

Even so I only talked about Myopia+Hypopia+cataracts and I'm sure that's enough.

HSC
dolbinau said:
I don't think you have to worry about colour blindness as we don't have the technologies to fix it, do we?
dolbinau said:

Even so I only talked about Myopia+Hypopia+cataracts and I'm sure that's enough.

Ah that's right...we don't huh? I feel a bit relieved! :)

Yeah I had some stuff about those three and for the hearing I only had cochlear implants and hearing aids.

Oh! For the last question, about the limitations of cochlear implants, what did you put? I had to make it up.... XD

And the ear diagram! What was the pathway of the soundwaves? Did it end at the ear drum?....

dolbinau

HSC
Yeah I put cochlear implants and hearing aids for the hearing part too..what else is there in the syllabus?

For the Cochlear implants, I talked about how they can't reproduce full sound and basically how research can be into achieving this - I did make it all up so I can't remember it exactly :p.

For the diagram, the question said "Through the external, middle AND inner" ear. So no, I don't think it could just stop at the ear drum. I put the transformations of energy in the diagram too just incase.

HSC
dolbinau said:
Yeah I put cochlear implants and hearing aids for the hearing part too..what else is there in the syllabus?

For the Cochlear implants, I talked about how they can't reproduce full sound and basically how research can be into achieving this - I did make it all up so I can't remember it exactly :p.

For the diagram, the question said "Through the external, middle AND inner" ear. So no, I don't think it could just stop at the ear drum. I put the transformations of energy in the diagram too just incase.
Yeah I put the energy transformations just above the diagram.

All I knew was cochlear implants and hearing aids for hearing...i'm not sure if there is anything else.

Lol yeah I had something similar for research on cochlear implants too! XD

Oh what did you think of that 8 mark question in the main section? I had no idea what to do so I just reworded stuff from the extract!!! XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)