Whether i should do business studies (1 Viewer)

TheOneWhoDefies

hi
i am a year 12 student doing business studies. my other subjects include 4u maths, adv. english, physics, and sdd. i am relatively strong in all other subjects i do, and they all get scaled up. i am strong in business studies as well, securing a 9th position out of 72 students. my question is, that since business studies gets scaled down so and all my other subs get scaled up, will b.s. ever be one of my top ten? i am currently thinking of dropping the subject but im not so sure.

bobo123

HSC
well
it all depends on if you can handle the workload?

i for one dropped physics because i just sucked at it and i wanted to play basketball during free periods :D

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
Well yeah there is a workload, but that mainly consists of summarising from your text book. It can be time consuming, but it's not all that bad, just whack a few cds on, and write like mad for a weekend, then you won't have much to worry about for a while, and you'll know your work :)

kylie

well i think biz is easy as and easy to do well at... i chose it as a fill in subject.. i do the work and do well cause it is common sense.. it is NOT always scaled down.. in fact last year i believe it was scaled UP. besides the scaling thing is confidential and no one outside uac really knows how they do it. people can still get into the 90's doing basic subjects such as general math, senior science standard english and yes BUSINESS STUDIES!!

it is always good to have something to fall back on incase something happens in one of your other subject (ie you have a mindblank, some one dies befoe you last exam, etc), besides you might surprise yourself and do better at biz than some of your other subjects!!!

ps sorry for being so blunt with the whole death issue

bobo123

HSC
i also heard it was easy to get band 6 in business

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
Well it's also a course that offers useful information that may be beneficial in later life. (E.g. money handling, proper business practice and ettiquete, etc.)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
if you enjoy it and can handle the workload (which isnt a lot for business) then keep it.

i liked business studies but it depends how you feel about the subject

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)