where to live????? (1 Viewer)

*10#

Going to usyd next year just wanted ppls advice/opinions on where to stay

im not from syd so i dont know anyone really so i was thinking staying on campus would be cool and at least id meet ppl

the colleges look very boarding schoolish and rather i dunno snobbish and restrictive
which ones are interesting/fun ???
i definately wanna go co-ed - 6yrs all girls was enough for me!

the village looks pretty mad also
but you have to be self catered and that could be scary

like i said any info would be appreciated
cheers

Collin

HSC
N/A
You can stay at my house if you want, and I'll cook Maggi noodles for you everyday.

cayte

melbournian's a fuckwit, don't listen to melbournian, the colleges suck and they're full of people just like him (no offence, yeah?). Please can I be surrounded by dumb girls who get excited over the latest line of denim minis from fcuk or wanky guys who compare how much they drank and how many girls they screwed on the weekend.
And there is absolutely nothing wrong with noodles three meals a day.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cayte
And there is absolutely nothing wrong with noodles three meals a day.
I'm now 100% sure you don't study Nutrition.

cayte

There was a doubt Dragon? There's nothing wrong with the occasional scurvy outbreak...
Melbournian, perhaps you aren't as perceptive as you would like to think you are.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
oh GOD, not another college vs SUV debate!

college is good for some people.
SUV is good for some people.

it depends on what you're looking for, and what you want to get out of the experience. College people are cool, and far too over-generalised. And SUV people are just relatively normal.

(the self catering at SUV isnt too bad... coz you get your U-Card credit of $40 a week, which can buy you 5 nights dinner a week if you want... and on the weekends, you won't be home anyway)

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
you dont have to show off so much that you are in college melbournian, college is out of reach price wise for a lot of people, its like driving around in a bmw, you cant expect people not to be envious, and you dont have to rub it in their faces.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i'll agree bout the bloody cost of washing...

hence why you find a boyfriend who owns a washing machine and dryer :D (that $10 a week i save i can spend on more important things... like a goon cask)

cayte

Originally posted by Mambomeg
you dont have to show off so much that you are in college melbournian, college is out of reach price wise for a lot of people, its like driving around in a bmw, you cant expect people not to be envious, and you dont have to rub it in their faces.
I certainly hope you're not making haughty assertations about the financial situations of people you've never met mambomeg: if I envied college people I would join them. I don't so I won't.

This person above is exploring the option of college. I am discouraging it. From what little information I can glean it sounds like this girl will go crazy in a college. Like you said, it's not for everyone.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i'm not sure if you were insulting me or just joking

melbournian - out of reach means out of reach completely, not just "oh it will be tough but we will manage it" its like "oh if i give my son / daughter money for college then i wont be able to pay the electricity bill" that is out of reach.
i'm sure we've had this argument before, but then, you have so many arguments in this forum that i suppose you probably dont remember...
cayte - i wasnt making assumptions, i never said you were envious, however i am envious because i would love to live in college but it is out of my reach, and since *10# was asking for any info, i was simply stating that college is out of reach for many people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)