Where to find vintage stores in Sydney!! (1 Viewer)

totallybord

HSC
hi,
just wondering where to find some nice vintage stores in sydney or around sydney that have original products and nice cheap prices but good quality stuff :D
thank you!!!

philly17

Hi I'd suggest that u trawl the op shops u can find some interesting buys soo much cheaper than the normal 'vintage' stores charge. That aside there is one in the st james arcade in the city full of 20's-70's....

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Grandma Takes a Trip, Crown St Surrey Hills.

If you want NICE and actual real vintage clothing, you have to be prepared to pay just as much for a dress as you would if buying it new, or you have to have a LOT of time on your hands to dig through charity stores.

Puff n' Stuff is also good, from memory.

If you just mean second hand clothes, not vintage, go to the bondi markets.

kaylz

HSC
sarah jane in paddo and newtown has some okay stuff sometimes. SOMETIMES. and it's mostly not real vintage stuff, it's vintage inspired.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Crown Street in Surry Hills would be a good place to start. I really like Zoo Emporium and Cream on Crown for vintage stuff, you should check those places out.

emily2005

HSC
N/A
hey can sum1 plz tell me where you the op shops are in the city near town hall/ st james?

totallybord

HSC
where are the op shops in sydney?
i heard theres lots in newtown or soemthing?
oh and also, if u find clothing/ accesories that are a bit faulty and fixable, does anyone have any tips on how to fix them? like if there was a hole in a clothing then u wld cut a larger hole and make it fashionable or just stitch it up...
anyway replyyyyy plzzzz

Trev

stix
HSC
Check out the vintage section in some General Pants stores. I'm sure they have it in Sydney, the one in Queen St. Mall in Brisbane has a section upstairs which is all vintage, and like AlleyCat said, be prepared to pay.

technoHarmony

nnnnnnnn
HSC
thats sorta true, but around the 'rich suburbs' you get more 'fashionable' people who go op shopping, so theres not alot of good stuff left.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
there's a really really really good shop in slurry hills but i can't for the life of me remember the name. but it was possibly the best vintage shop i have ever ever been in. it was ammmmmmazing. fuck i want to remember so i can go again. actually it was possibly in the vicinity of zoo emporium
i dont know :(

cpk9

HSC
technoHarmony said:
newtown - king st.
Seconded.

Can get a bit exxy at times but it's all genuine vintage stuff. Heaps of shops to choose from too.

technoHarmony

nnnnnnnn
HSC
there's a really really really good shop in slurry hills but i can't for the life of me remember the name. but it was possibly the best vintage shop i have ever ever been in. it was ammmmmmazing. fuck i want to remember so i can go again. actually it was possibly in the vicinity of zoo emporium
i dont know
c's flashback, refreds, cream?

any markets on this weekend or they all on the first of the month?

ivanie

HSC
markets at surry hills are every first saturday of the month

newtown has the best op shops id say

newtown and surry hills have similiar shops (refreds, c's flashback), but newtown has a few little antique stores with clothes and other knic-knacs that are cool.

i dont think there are any op shops around st james

and general pants is a complete rip off, 40 bucks for some tee shirts they found for 2 dollars at vinnies most likely and put a "General Pants 1986" tag on it.

chrome

HSC
ivanie said:
i dont think there are any op shops around st james

there's like one or two and I think their run by koreans - it's opposite St James, closer towards the Town Hall end.

ShibbyBonBon

HSC
I love Sandie Bizys Hats in Annandale.
They have some beautiful vintage dresses from all eras, and the jewlery and hats are georgous.

jordankuai22

HSC
good post. and almost 2 years ago :)

edit: and sucessfull troll

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)