Where do you reckon is the best suburb to live in Sydney? (1 Viewer)

Got2Kno91

HSC
The most interesting and vibrant suburbs for me thx. I love terrace and old Federation houses, as well as the complete opposite (cutting-edge new Modernist designs). Newtown is the most awesome in my opinion. Its so bustling, diverse, creative and downright bloody gritty. I love it. Also great are Enmore, Erskineville, Glebe, Paddington, Surry Hills, Marrickville, Camperdown (NOT Campbelltown), Stanmore, Leichhart, Randwick, Annandale, Ashfield, Burwood, Haberfield etc (NOT neccessarily in that order).

Worst suburbs are outer west and south west. The more sterile, characterless and car dependant the suburb, the worse it is in my opinion. There are some okayish ones though that I could live in. Cabramatta might be considered crap but at least its BUSTLING and full of CHARACTER, i'd take it over Kellyville, Bella Vista, etc ANYDAY.

philphie

Banned
HSC
So this is how it works for me

King st and enmore Newtown to get myself shitfaced with my fellow musos and film junkies
Stanmore to get my shitface scared the fucking shit out of by the owner of the olympia milk bar.
Darling st Balmain for the morning after to get my hangover settled
Norton st Leichhardt for the same night for a proper dinner outing.

Paddington for the art galleries and Chauvel cinema of course
Double Bay to get myself fucking ripped off for window shopping, yeah window shopping.
Tamarama or 'glamarama' to make fun of all the trendsetters and get my self fucking killed in those waves
and lastly Bondi to go get cancer with all those Chinese tourists. i'm not being racist it's just that in my experience, no matter what tourist attraction you go to anywhere in the world, there are always a mass of Asian tourists, now thems the real 'jet-setters'.

who fucking needs the Shire or the Shore? walk past Kirribilli to get myself caught in dead centre a staring comp between Rudd and Turnbull from Point Piper, no thankyou. and the westies? you guys are an alright bunch, you guys are open to diversity, just can't stand the minority of bogans.

philphie

Banned
HSC
The most interesting and vibrant suburbs for me thx. I love terrace and old Federation houses, as well as the complete opposite (cutting-edge new Modernist designs). Newtown is the most awesome in my opinion. Its so bustling, diverse, creative and downright bloody gritty. I love it. Also great are Enmore, Erskineville, Glebe, Paddington, Surry Hills, Marrickville, Camperdown (NOT Campbelltown), Stanmore, Leichhart, Randwick, Annandale, Ashfield, Burwood, Haberfield etc (NOT neccessarily in that order).

Worst suburbs are outer west and south west. The more sterile, characterless and car dependant the suburb, the worse it is in my opinion. There are some okayish ones though that I could live in. Cabramatta might be considered crap but at least its BUSTLING and full of CHARACTER, i'd take it over Kellyville, Bella Vista, etc ANYDAY.
haha so ig uess you're more hating on Greater western Sydney as in the Hills area with all those McMansions. It's funny with Cabramatta because it use to be Italia central, until they all moved into Leichhardt, so it's because of Cabramatta we have Norton st. Vicky terraces i love, especially double fronted and the three storey ones where you can see it going underground from outside because it looks like a pub, Paddington has the best well kept terraces. great place for galleries and Chauvel cinema. Enmore i never go to, Newtown definitely the best, great place for live music and a shitface feeder for me, it also reminds me of Oxford, England because you get so many people riding bicycles. Erskineville markets are alright, sometimes I see Daniel Johns from Silverchair walking around, same with Sarah Blasko in Newtown, Glebe is good for cheap food,, Surry hills was great when Hopetoun Hotel was still open, but i still pass by Brett Whiteley's gallery/studio sometimes, Marrickville i don't like anything about Marrickville, Camperdown i don't go there too much except to Annandale hotel, Stanmore, one of only too places in the inner west where there are maccas, but i love going to Olympia Milk Bar late at night after Newtown to get my balls dropped, Leichhardt good food, Randwick i go sometimes to the Ritz, Annandale is great, Ashfield is just another residential suburb for me, Burwood good shopping, Haberfield, i never go down to HAberfield. I can't believe you forgot about Balmain

philphie

Banned
HSC
potatoes.

I live in Brighton le Sands. Cool name, huh?

But if I were to move somewhere I'd probably move to Redfern or 'Woolloomooloo' since it's close to the State Library as stated by an earlier post.
i find it funny when people frm Brighton le Sands or La Perouse think they're from the Eastern suburbs. and that's how you critique a great suburb, closeness to the State Library? and those two places aren't even that close to the library

CecilyMare

HSC
I meant Woolloomooloo is close to the State Library

Well anyway the State Library's useless, you can't borrow anything and you have to wait half an hour to get a book, cos you can't even view the shelves and you have to request it from the staff.

And I don't think Brighton's from the Eastern suburbs, I know it's from the St George area which is like south-east.

philphie

Banned
HSC
I meant Woolloomooloo is close to the State Library

Well anyway the State Library's useless, you can't borrow anything and you have to wait half an hour to get a book, cos you can't even view the shelves and you have to request it from the staff.

And I don't think Brighton's from the Eastern suburbs, I know it's from the St George area which is like south-east.
i know, i was just saying people in general, same with botany.

I hate the state library, because sometimes the books you ask for never come and the machines are always stealing my money. Woolloomooloo is alright only because it's close to Paddington's galleries and Five ways

Got2Kno91

HSC
haha so ig uess you're more hating on Greater western Sydney as in the Hills area with all those McMansions. It's funny with Cabramatta because it use to be Italia central, until they all moved into Leichhardt, so it's because of Cabramatta we have Norton st. Vicky terraces i love, especially double fronted and the three storey ones where you can see it going underground from outside because it looks like a pub, Paddington has the best well kept terraces. great place for galleries and Chauvel cinema. Enmore i never go to, Newtown definitely the best, great place for live music and a shitface feeder for me, it also reminds me of Oxford, England because you get so many people riding bicycles. Erskineville markets are alright, sometimes I see Daniel Johns from Silverchair walking around, same with Sarah Blasko in Newtown, Glebe is good for cheap food,, Surry hills was great when Hopetoun Hotel was still open, but i still pass by Brett Whiteley's gallery/studio sometimes, Marrickville i don't like anything about Marrickville, Camperdown i don't go there too much except to Annandale hotel, Stanmore, one of only too places in the inner west where there are maccas, but i love going to Olympia Milk Bar late at night after Newtown to get my balls dropped, Leichhardt good food, Randwick i go sometimes to the Ritz, Annandale is great, Ashfield is just another residential suburb for me, Burwood good shopping, Haberfield, i never go down to HAberfield. I can't believe you forgot about Balmain
LOL At the Olympia Milk Bar, its like 5 minutes walk from my place. How funny is it?! Do you reckon you could trust the food there?I feel sorry from the old guy who runs it though, last time i checked the stores on its last fluorotube, it's like a cave in there LOL. BTW you know a lot about the inner west 'scene' for somebody who just finished high school xP.

And yes, definitely add Balmain too that list it's uber cool.

philphie

Banned
HSC
LOL At the Olympia Milk Bar, its like 5 minutes walk from my place. How funny is it?! Do you reckon you could trust the food there?I feel sorry from the old guy who runs it though, last time i checked the stores on its last fluorotube, it's like a cave in there LOL. BTW you know a lot about the inner west 'scene' for somebody who just finished high school xP.

And yes, definitely add Balmain too that list it's uber cool.
man milk bar is one freaky joint. the last time i walked by it was about 1020pm, my mate and i were just coming from Dendys at newtown and decided to take a look, normally we go to camperdown memorial park if we're tired and decide to pass out. so we walk by and for the first time ever it was closed at this late hour and i was like WTF what a rip off, i wanted a good show tonight, but something even better happened: i saw him fucking brush his teeth!!!!! i tried to open the door but it was locked and it was actually bright as hell in there. i could see his face in the reflection of the mirror, and i knew he was looking at me and he was just glaring, putting a curse on me while he was putting one on his gingervitis, AWESOME. so then a couple of minutes of staring we left then we get detoured by an ambulance pulling someone at a pub, i love parra road, all those music shops. haha reminds on the same night when i was maccas in stanmore (i know an outrage, maccas within the marrickville council district!!!!) an old man was sitting in the corner reading the papers. so an ad was playing on tv about headache meds or something and it had ww1 soldiers in it, after it ends i hear him crying so loudly, so i don't if it was old enough to have been in ww1 or he was reading the orbituary in the telegraph.

what can i say, when you're a pompous self righteous dickhead hipster, you have to know the inner west scene :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)