Where do you reckon is the best suburb to live in Sydney? (1 Viewer)

*Baby-K*

HSC
Waverton- the nicest area, really quite and beautiful very close to the train station 20mins from the city- Perfect ! I am so moving back really soon :rolleyes:

oth16

HSC
BOSSLEY PARK ALL THE WAYYY =)
jokes, this place is scum of the earth
but hayyy , 10 extra points @ UTS (apparently)
woooo hoooo

dat202hoe

HSC
i really think that the best suburb to reside in within the sydney regional geographic limits is circular quay because there is plenty access to transport such as ferry cars buses taxis etc and entertainment is everywehre eg opera house and lots of food like maccas

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hornsby would be nice. It's fairly affordable (still), has two major train lines and great public transport links, a Westfield and major services, and is far out enough you get to have a decent piece of land. Good educational opportunities nearby too. Plus you don't sound like such a snob when you say you live in Hornsby instead of Chatswood (trust me, you get really defensive about where you live where 90% of your colleagues come from the western suburbs and you don't wanna look like a snob).

aussie-boy

HSC
lala2 said:
Hornsby would be nice. It's fairly affordable (still), has two major train lines and great public transport links, a Westfield and major services, and is far out enough you get to have a decent piece of land. Good educational opportunities nearby too. Plus you don't sound like such a snob when you say you live in Hornsby instead of Chatswood (trust me, you get really defensive about where you live where 90% of your colleagues come from the western suburbs and you don't wanna look like a snob).
lol anywhere thats "affordable" can't be the best suburb in sydney by default... since it means no one wants to live there

and if you think chatswood is snobby, try vaucluse or point piper

lala2

Banned
HSC
Haha yeah, I worked at Bondi Junction for a bit and it was quite...yeah. Most people were decently behaved, but I had some stupid Waverley College boy give me attitude and I felt really ready to yell back at him that if he was so rich go to Cranbrook instead. Or, even better, Sydney Grammar and shut up. Hornsby has got pretty decent prices considering the prices of neighbouring suburbs--houses aren't a million yet and the units are quite alright.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
Cronulla. Nice beaches... not so many weird people... lol

It's great.

Too bad I live 2 suburbs away from it.

metalheaven

HSC
Anonymous1 said:
Blacktown.
...you can't really be serious?

Blacktown is a hole :)

If you're gonna choose something along the Western train line then at least choose something like Parramatta :p

But anyway, my picks would be (in no particular order):
Newtown - Wonderfully different
Glebe - Close to the city + close to USyd + plenty of good restaurants + cultured = big win
Chatswood
North Sydney

...I'm sure there's other great suburbs that could go on that list too, but they're just some off the top of my head.

aussie-boy

HSC
lala2 said:
Haha yeah, I worked at Bondi Junction for a bit and it was quite...yeah. Most people were decently behaved, but I had some stupid Waverley College boy give me attitude and I felt really ready to yell back at him that if he was so rich go to Cranbrook instead. Or, even better, Sydney Grammar and shut up. Hornsby has got pretty decent prices considering the prices of neighbouring suburbs--houses aren't a million yet and the units are quite alright.
yeah those waverley guys are dickheads, only being able to afford to live east because their parents inherited property (and the whole area used to be pretty undesireable due to sewage being dumped on the beaches etc)

maddie01

HSC
I suppose it depends on what you need as to where you live. I love where I live because the buses run so frequently, it isn't overcrowded so I don't get stuck in too much traffic when driving. nice shops. Right near the city. Mad close to school. But no trains.

I think that like noth sydney is good- trains, buses to everywher, close to city but not in it, shops, places to eat.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
metalheaven said:
...you can't really be serious?

Blacktown is a hole :)

If you're gonna choose something along the Western train line then at least choose something like Parramatta :p

But anyway, my picks would be (in no particular order):
Newtown - Wonderfully different
Glebe - Close to the city + close to USyd + plenty of good restaurants + cultured = big win
Chatswood
North Sydney

...I'm sure there's other great suburbs that could go on that list too, but they're just some off the top of my head.
lol i totally agree with you on that one, im ashamed i actually live there :(

stanleychild267

HSC
Bankstown - has a whole lot of mixed people. It's great

But Newton looks like such a cute suburb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)