Where do you read? (1 Viewer)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
So guys both for school texts and for books/things you read for fun, where do you read? How do you read? To you listen to music? Do you have a favourite spot?

It's near impossible to read in this heat!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Bedroom.
Desk, with white light/lamp.

HOW do I read? :confused:
I read the words... on the page.

No music.
Favourite spot? On the bed, laying down on my back or flat on my stomach.

It's hot, yes.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The desk you say... maybe...
I'll give it a bash! I just have to take the coke-laden car tuner/CD player off my desk (and yes, it's totally boned/beyond repair :p)

I was expecting more imaginative responses involving beaches and mountains!

How do you read school texts I mean... do you read the book, then the syllabus, then the book again? That sort of thing...

Huy

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I cant sit still though and "simply read" - not for long periods.

I don't listen to music, it's really distracting for me since I concentrate on the lyrics instead of the book! LOL.

Well, with the textbooks (school), I do the same thing. But I guess it's good to have the syllabus out, I would have skimmed the syll. before reading the textbook though (or I read in class). :)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I read in bed.. but it becomes uncomfortable, cos if the book's heavy, it hurts to hold it up while I'm lying on my back... and leaning on my stomach hurts my arms.. hahah im picky...
I'll stick to my desk :shy:

lazybum

HSC
N/A
ha ha - i was gonna say the same thing baby doll - i usually lay in bed but then my hands get so tired that i soon drift off 2 sleep, dead to the world

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I read everywhere, any time, no matter what's happening around me. I can sit and read for hours, or I can just grab bits of a story whenever I can.
Music, movement, etc, none of these are problems.
It drove my teachers crazy, hehe (a problem I'll never have again, yaaay!)

Basically I'm just a reading-addict, hehe.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
If I'm reading for pleasure, I usually read in silence. If I am reading something against my will, I usually read with music on. I find it really hard to read when I can hear other people doing stuff, so I usually only read at night after everyone is asleep, unless I really need to. Which explains why I really only read in the holidays...to tired during semester to sit up reading all night.
And I agree that it is near impossible to read in heat!

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
normally bedroom or outside on the balcony, with the sun shining.

I read in silence mostly, otherwise it can be difficult to concentrate.

When I can, I'll go outside and sit on my back on the cliff, cos it's really peaceful.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Usually in bed or in the lounge room with my discman so nobody distracts me. I usually sit up or lay on my stomach.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
in bed at night.... sometimes i use the light from my mobile as a lamp O__O [does nothing for my eyes heh]

...or in the lounge curled up on the sofa with a nice hot drink & the sun streaming down :)

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
On my bed, regardless of the time of day. In silence, any sound is too distracting.
I wish I could read at my desk but the chair is too uncomfortable!
I don't live near any exciting places eg mountains/beach as you said, I wish I did though, i'd love to read at the beach

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by glitter burns
I read everywhere, any time, no matter what's happening around me. I can sit and read for hours, or I can just grab bits of a story whenever I can.
Music, movement, etc, none of these are problems.
It drove my teachers crazy, hehe (a problem I'll never have again, yaaay!)

Basically I'm just a reading-addict, hehe.
Ditto.

Serpentia

I read on the bus, at school during lunch when my friends are being boring and or shitting me, during break at work, during free periods, before bed

Whenever I have the time

Listening to music yeah, usually down lowish though

Huy

HSC
N/A
I read, sitting on my ass.

I like to read online, ezines.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I sit in bed, roll up on the lounge or sit in front of the heater (when its winter)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i readin my room, on the couch, anywhere with decent,very decent light, but i havent read for so long i can't remember where else i read

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
in my room...or on my front verandah in the rocking chair or the hanging swinging chair

Jinglebell

HSC
i'll read pretty much wherever i happen to be...except while walking, i tried it but couldn't walk straight so i had to stop:) i still read on long car trips though, even though i know it will make me feel sick:rolleyes::p

i like reading in silence, but if there's annoying background noise i put on one of my cd's that i know really well so it doesn't distract me too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)