Where do you feel most at home? (1 Viewer)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i got this idea from melo and wen :p
so if you're born here or from another country where does you're heart feel most at home? and do you miss you're mother country? what about if you're born here, do you feel a longing to return to the do the birth place of your ancestors? do you practice the old traditions or embrace the culture of the new country?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Australia. I was born in Phils, but ill be fucked if i go back there nowdays, perhaps if the place wasnt so corrupt/dirty.

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
Well, umm i was born here, and i feel most at home when im at, well home! lol

But i want to really go to england one day, just to see 'the mother land' with my own eyes :p

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
sydney, australia :) i wasn't born here but i came here when i was two and a half, so i cant' remember actually living there at all.

i've been back to HK and mainland four times since then, most recently three weeks in dec - jan this year, and though i love going back for vacation, seeing relatives and shopping, i miss sydney so much. though once i get back to sydney, i miss HK (but only for a little while) :p

i don't deny my heritage, though :p BUT I AM NOT A FOB!!!!!!!11 :mad:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I sometimes wish I was chasing big breasted beauties in Sweden.

*sighs

sladehk

le random
HSC
born in hk but Sydney is home. hk is a bit too crowded

HSC
i was born in sydney, but i went back to HK to live there for 5 years. it's more relaxing here but more exciting over there. but i prefer the relaxation rather than crowd fighting in HK.
i went back to HK in nov-jan, the first few weeks were great!!..but after the 4th week, it started to get a bit boring (too bad i'm not going back nx year :(...they've got DISNEYLAND now!! :mad: )
spending in HK is great and all, but i wouldnt' choose to live there permanenly...so i'd still call australia home :)
*puts on australian country music*

PS:...bubz is a fob...and will always be one..:D

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I'll never survive in HK with broken canto :(

It'd be funny cuz I'd understand what they say or at least most of it, but i dunno how to reply back.

Last edited:

vTr

HSC
transcendent said:
i got this idea from melo and wen :p
so if you're born here or from another country where does you're heart feel most at home? and do you miss you're mother country? what about if you're born here, do you feel a longing to return to the do the birth place of your ancestors? do you practice the old traditions or embrace the culture of the new country?

yes I'm from Russia i miss Mother Russia, FREEDOM TO ALL ,
Do not talk bad about mother Russia or I KILL YOU!!!
and yes i really wanted to go to the hospital of my great great grandfather
(maybe a hospital that old hands out free morphine )

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
i feel comfortable in both australia and taiwan. but i'm always having dreams of going back to taiwan, so i guess subconciously, i feel more at home in taiwan. i have lived there for 13 years after all. (oh uhh, but i think one of the reasons i want to go back so badly is to go shopping :p)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
meLoncoLLie said:
i feel comfortable in both australia and taiwan. but i'm always having dreams of going back to taiwan, so i guess subconciously, i feel more at home in taiwan. i have lived there for 13 years after all. (oh uhh, but i think one of the reasons i want to go back so badly is to go shopping :p)
i ditto and agree. except the bit about having lived in taiwan for 13 years :p

Spring Sakura

HSC
hmmm...

I love HK, but I have to say I feel more comfortable in Australia.
My inability to read chinese makes staying in HK for too long difficult. ^_^

But in all honesty...shopping is more fun in HK...... :D

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
@ bubz: well xiao's a fob and proud of it too lar!!! =D

hm... it's hard to say... in fact i hate christmas... i got no where to go... it's like the world's so big, but i cna't go any where... anywhere i go, i feel i am out of context...
more like a child abandoned by the world in advance =(

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I was born in Australia but i dont feel at home here. I don't look like a typical Australian but i don't speak cantonese properly either. I'm chinese but i am told i don't look chinese either. I don't feel at home anywhere :( Oh well, i guess i belong in a place like Antarctica

HSC
i think i would chose ShangHai, even though everything's fine in Australia and all my friends are here. But ShangHai is toO fun to 4get. Relatives, old friends, shopping and FOOD!!!!!!!! It is crowed in China with very bad weather and stuff, but i'll cope :rolleyes:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Shang's sooooooooooooo boring. Maybe it's cos i only go when all the kids my age are at school :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)