Where can I make a study timetable? (1 Viewer)

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Open up a calendar, have a list of everything you want to cover and then shove them into a calendar. Make sure there's adequate spacing for breaks as you want this to be a long term study plan making sure you dont burn out.

nourished.

HSC
Soommmmeebbodddyyyyyy heeelpppppp meeeeeeeee
Keep it simple.

Just open up google calendar. Set 1 hour per subject for each. And, follow it.

The ultimate schedule in the world is just the one you can carry out day in and day out.

icycledough

HSC
Soommmmeebbodddyyyyyy heeelpppppp meeeeeeeee
Assuming your trials are finished/cancelled/about to happen, there are a few things you can do to set up an effective study timetable, which definitely helped me in between trials and externals.

1) Make it realistic; I'm sure you've heard of this before, but don't set yourself something like 1 full past paper from every subject a day, as this isn't realistic nor is it sustainable for 2+ months. Experimenting is something you can try early out when you have sufficient time before your externals. Try a certain number of hours per day, and at the end of the week, reflect on how it went. Were your burned out by the end of each day? Did you have more time you could have spent studying productively? Then, based on this self-analysis, you can change up the hours you spend each day studying. Whatever you do, make sure it is all productive though. Remember less productive hours will always be better than more unproductive hours.

2) Prioritize your subjects in order from weakest to strongest. For me, English was my weakest while Maths and Sciences were the strongest, so I spend more time during the day on English, to bump that result up as much as possible, while Maths and Sciences only became a stronger priority after I had finished my English HSC exams and had those remaining. Leading up to 1-2 weeks before, I would set out a timetable where you are balancing several subjects a day (or however you decide to go about it), then with a few weeks left before your English exam, I would solely focus on that (whether it is your strong point or not, as that is always the first exam for everyone; Paper 1 and 2).

3) Make sure you take breaks. This links back to the idea of less productive > more unproductive. However you decide to take a break (10 mins for every hour, 30 mins for 3 hours, etc), make sure you aren't stuck at your table the entire day, as this will definitely decrease your productivity. With the current lockdown protocols, it definitely limits what you can do, but try spending some time outside if you can, talk with family or friends, listen to a podcast, go on social media, whatever allows you to take a break from work before you have to continue again.

4) Get 7-9 hours of sleep a day. This may be common sense to you at first, but I've heard too many times of people who have way too many all-nighters, especially before an exam, where they only get a few hours of sleep or don't sleep at all. In the long-run, this will be extremely detrimental to both your mental and physical health. Especially on the day of an exam, all it will do is affect your performance as you will feel drowsy and unable to maintain 100% concentration for the entire duration, consequently affecting your performance, which is the last thing you want. What I used to do (note, this might not suit everyone, but it definitely helped me) was to sleep early and wake up early the day of an exam (still making sure to get my 8 hours of sleep), and spending the morning quickly going over my notes. This is something I started to implement before my HSC exams though, so it won't work immediately if you wish to implement it, it has to be a habit which you have adhered to for a few weeks before it becomes second nature.

ssoans

HSC
Assuming your trials are finished/cancelled/about to happen, there are a few things you can do to set up an effective study timetable, which definitely helped me in between trials and externals.

1) Make it realistic; I'm sure you've heard of this before, but don't set yourself something like 1 full past paper from every subject a day, as this isn't realistic nor is it sustainable for 2+ months. Experimenting is something you can try early out when you have sufficient time before your externals. Try a certain number of hours per day, and at the end of the week, reflect on how it went. Were your burned out by the end of each day? Did you have more time you could have spent studying productively? Then, based on this self-analysis, you can change up the hours you spend each day studying. Whatever you do, make sure it is all productive though. Remember less productive hours will always be better than more unproductive hours.

2) Prioritize your subjects in order from weakest to strongest. For me, English was my weakest while Maths and Sciences were the strongest, so I spend more time during the day on English, to bump that result up as much as possible, while Maths and Sciences only became a stronger priority after I had finished my English HSC exams and had those remaining. Leading up to 1-2 weeks before, I would set out a timetable where you are balancing several subjects a day (or however you decide to go about it), then with a few weeks left before your English exam, I would solely focus on that (whether it is your strong point or not, as that is always the first exam for everyone; Paper 1 and 2).

3) Make sure you take breaks. This links back to the idea of less productive > more unproductive. However you decide to take a break (10 mins for every hour, 30 mins for 3 hours, etc), make sure you aren't stuck at your table the entire day, as this will definitely decrease your productivity. With the current lockdown protocols, it definitely limits what you can do, but try spending some time outside if you can, talk with family or friends, listen to a podcast, go on social media, whatever allows you to take a break from work before you have to continue again.

4) Get 7-9 hours of sleep a day. This may be common sense to you at first, but I've heard too many times of people who have way too many all-nighters, especially before an exam, where they only get a few hours of sleep or don't sleep at all. In the long-run, this will be extremely detrimental to both your mental and physical health. Especially on the day of an exam, all it will do is affect your performance as you will feel drowsy and unable to maintain 100% concentration for the entire duration, consequently affecting your performance, which is the last thing you want. What I used to do (note, this might not suit everyone, but it definitely helped me) was to sleep early and wake up early the day of an exam (still making sure to get my 8 hours of sleep), and spending the morning quickly going over my notes. This is something I started to implement before my HSC exams though, so it won't work immediately if you wish to implement it, it has to be a habit which you have adhered to for a few weeks before it becomes second nature.

thank you!

vivillon

HSC
USE GOOGLE CALENDAR TO ACTUALLY MAKE IT - LIFE SAVING HONESTLY and pretty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)