Where can I get ASUS eee pc in a cheaper price? (1 Viewer)

aaaazzzz

HSC
I'm just wondering if it's surf version or non-surf version
thanks

aaaazzzz

HSC
i see..thanks
$440 is pretty cheap
what is included in the package?

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
10% of all lappies at JB again, ends tomorrow I think...
So thats $450 for the eee

EDIT: Now $399 at MSY!! Till 12/04/08

Last edited:

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
The EeePC is the worst shit I've ever laid eyes on. I had the (mis)fortune of using one in the holidays. They keyboard is too small, the trackpad is about the size of a postage stamp and the screen is incapable of word processing. Its only use is probably Skype, a portable web browser (used lightly here since an iPhone would be better, in all ways conceivable), or a portable multimedia device (which the iPhone would make redundant, once again). It's not really a computer because you can't really exploit the power of Linux using its pre-installed client, and using Windows on the computer brings it down to the knees and the screen lets it down anyway. I view it more as a toy (albeit a very expensive toy which I would be frustrated at) with limited use. Get a Macbook!

TidyBoi

HSC
Freshmex said:
Get a Macbook!
BLERGH.

Only thing I'll give mac is they're great for music production.

Give me Linux or Windows ANYDAY.

ippie

HSC
Yeah eees are shit. I don't know why anyone would want one - how the fuck can its small size possibly attract you?

I also agree with the mac-hate. Fucking rip off. I could get 2 laptops with the price of a macbook pro. Good laptops, mind you, 2GB RAM, 2gigahertz, you know.

HSC
I am going to get an Eee when I get paid at the end of the month. I am looking forward to it liek WHUT.

Tip for JB or any shop that negotiates. If you are a guy, get a hot girl you know to flirt with the male sales assistants and they will probably give you cost price. I had a mate who worked at Digital City and he used to do this for hot girls all the time. If you are a hot girl, then you probably aready know this haha.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Freshmex said:
The EeePC is the worst shit I've ever laid eyes on. I had the (mis)fortune of using one in the holidays. They keyboard is too small, the trackpad is about the size of a postage stamp and the screen is incapable of word processing. Its only use is probably Skype, a portable web browser (used lightly here since an iPhone would be better, in all ways conceivable), or a portable multimedia device (which the iPhone would make redundant, once again). It's not really a computer because you can't really exploit the power of Linux using its pre-installed client, and using Windows on the computer brings it down to the knees and the screen lets it down anyway. I view it more as a toy (albeit a very expensive toy which I would be frustrated at) with limited use. Get a Macbook!
Congratulations, you just missed the point. Now go off yourself.

ippie said:
Yeah eees are shit. I don't know why anyone would want one - how the fuck can its small size possibly attract you?
Its small and portable and does what I need it to without complicating things?

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
Finally got the eee! Posting from it now!

Got it for $390 from Penta

HSC
Me too!!! Would have liked a 9 inch model but I didnt want to wait and they looked like they would be way more expensive - like 700+

Penta FTW

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
MSY has the Linux versions for $399 though it may be better to the get 20GB, 8.9" LCD version which just came out. I think these are about $580ish at ITEstate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)