Where can I find Programming Fundamentals Past Exam Papers? (1 Viewer)

Nue1

HSC
Hey guys,

I need everyone helps here.

I'm new to UWS and had a situation.

I went to TAFE and got exempted for 120cp, and from that I expected to graduate in 1.5 years. That is why I apply for BICT, which had 240cp, and from that I did not read any further details about the units that I will take.

Now the issue is that, I had to do:
300580 - Programming Fundamentals (PF) - AUTUMN session only
300581 - Programming Techniques (PT) - AUTUMN session only (Prereq 300580)
300698 - Operating System Programming - AUTUMN session only (Prereq 300581)

After I knew the above information, I'm doomed.

Now I tried to do PF and PT at the same time, but the tutor of Programming Techniques won't let me until I prove him the assume knowledge I have from Programming Fundamentals.

He needs me to sit in the exam similar to Programming Fundamentals Final Exam so that I can participate in the Programming Techniques.

Anyone has any past final exam papers for Programming Fundamentals, and/or after reading my thread, has any other ideas on how can I do both units at the same time, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading the long post.

Nue1

Darkenedjib

HSC
Ouch that doesn't look good. I think you'll have more chance trying to take Operating Systems and Programming Techniques together next year when you have some experience from Fundamentals. There are past papers here (UWS Library - Exam Papers) but not for PF =/. Try and get as much out of the textbook as you can I guess, best of luck.

As a fellow victim of the uni's retarded unit structure I'm forced to graduate 6 months later for a unit only available in Spring.

eksquall

HSC
N/A
As a fellow victim of the uni's retarded unit structure I'm forced to graduate 6 months later for a unit only available in Spring.
Ditto.
I wanted to take PT and Operating systems programming together but coordinator wouldnt allow it. now i have to wait till next year to do os programming, spending additional 6 months at uni. It is a hassle that the units are offered once a year.

@Nue1

Get hold of the PF text book, everything is pretty much taken from the book (for assignments and exams).

Nue1

HSC
Ditto.
I wanted to take PT and Operating systems programming together but coordinator wouldnt allow it. now i have to wait till next year to do os programming, spending additional 6 months at uni. It is a hassle that the units are offered once a year.

@Nue1

Get hold of the PF text book, everything is pretty much taken from the book (for assignments and exams).
For me is additional 1 year for me guys, BIG OUCH.......

I do have both PF and PT textbook, but now I have appointment with course advisor on Monday.

I guess I have 2 options here:
1. try to do the exam
2. cross education with other uni???

Well I will try to ask the course advisor on what I have to do.

Shitty teaching session time, should have spring as well.

eksquall

HSC
N/A
Did you do any c++ in your TAFE course?

If yes, you shouldn't have any problems as PF touches on the basics only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)